+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent citizenship certificate after zoom oath

wwwbfelix

Feb 2, 2023
My office is Toronto Scarborough. I tried to contact the oath email yesterday and they replied quickly. The call center is totally helpless on my side.
In the email they confirmed that as the officer promised, my certificate was sent out by Feb.10th.
I would not recommend contacting MP. My application processing time was 28 months which was exceeded the normal processing time. I contacted MP during the application progress, but the only thing they can do for me was calling the call center to get a answer. Usually it takes 4-5 days for each reply.
In the urgent situation, sending your documents to the oath email is the best way to reach IRCC I believe. If your certificate was not mailed out yet, you still have a chance to request for an expedited mailing.
I got the severe illness notification of my grandma from the hospital 2 days before the oath date. However, I don't have time to translate it into English in a certifed notary. So I only explain my condition to the officer during the ceremoy, and show her my tickets. Unfortunately, my certificate was sent out by regular mail, cannot be tracked, no expidited.
I have read some of the posts on the forum, if you have a flight ticket the next day, it is possible to get the passport printed out in the afternoon if you go to the Passport office in person.
I will update you after I receive my certificate.
also, Toronto office seems faster.

FishSaya

Sep 1, 2022
I just finished the phone call with IRCC, the agent was really nice, she told me that they already printed my certificate out, and forward the urgent request to the clerk, but my urgent request was not yet responded by the clerk. apparently, the clerk is the one sending the certificate out.
The phone center agent also asks me to send another email with the proofs to the ceremony email, and see if the clerk will approve the urgent request... this whole thing just brings me so much stress and I can't fly out to see my family which I haven't seen for 3 years. :(
ps, there is no way to reach the clerk.............
Do you still remember the clerk's name who checked your file during the pre-registration? My clerk asked me to mark down her name and included that in the title of the email when I sent my oath form. Hopefully they will send your certifate in expedited mail. Mine is sending out in regular Canada post mail. I have nothing to do just have to wait. Hope our certificates will coming soon. Fingercrossed.

wwwbfelix

Feb 2, 2023
Do you still remember the clerk's name who checked your file during the pre-registration? My clerk asked me to mark down her name and included that in the title of the email when I sent my oath form. Hopefully they will send your certifate in expedited mail. Mine is sending out in regular Canada post mail. I have nothing to do just have to wait. Hope our certificates will coming soon. Fingercrossed.
Unfortunately, she didn't tell me her name. I have been crying like every day... so streeted. I hope this is my last time dealing with IRCC.

Last edited:

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just want to share my timeline.
Oath ceremony Jan 31
Certificate mailed Feb 1 morning.
Feb 2 tracker update completed.
Feb 3 tracker closed and certificate received in mailbox
Did they send you tracking #?

FishSaya

Sep 1, 2022
my mp actually helped. they just send the certificate out like 30 mins ago, but in regular mail... from Edmonton to Vancouver. i don't know how long it will take...
Mine took 6 days (4 business days) to arrive in my mailbox. Sent out Feb.10th, arrived Feb.16th. From Scarborough Office to my house in Richmond Hill.

akhileshtekchand

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-O
AOR Received.
20-02-2020
Med's Done....
03-02-2020
Hi I have the same day ceremony Feb.9th. Also I am in the similar situation as you. I talked to the clerk during the pre-registration and she told me that if I sent back my oath letter right after the oath ceremony, she will send out my certificate the next day (Feb.10th). My application status was changed to CLOSED on Feb.10th. Hope she has already sent it out.
I am currently waiting for it. I have prepared to apply for the urgent passport the next morning when I receive the certificate.
Could you please share your timeline when you get your certificate?
I will share mine too.
Thank you!
Did they ask you to submit proof for urgent certificate processing?

guanyihe

Feb 23, 2019
My office is Toronto Scarborough. I tried to contact the oath email yesterday and they replied quickly. The call center is totally helpless on my side.
In the email they confirmed that as the officer promised, my certificate was sent out by Feb.10th.
I would not recommend contacting MP. My application processing time was 28 months which was exceeded the normal processing time. I contacted MP during the application progress, but the only thing they can do for me was calling the call center to get a answer. Usually it takes 4-5 days for each reply.
In the urgent situation, sending your documents to the oath email is the best way to reach IRCC I believe. If your certificate was not mailed out yet, you still have a chance to request for an expedited mailing.
I got the severe illness notification of my grandma from the hospital 2 days before the oath date. However, I don't have time to translate it into English in a certifed notary. So I only explain my condition to the officer during the ceremoy, and show her my tickets. Unfortunately, my certificate was sent out by regular mail, cannot be tracked, no expidited.
I have read some of the posts on the forum, if you have a flight ticket the next day, it is possible to get the passport printed out in the afternoon if you go to the Passport office in person.
I will update you after I receive my certificate.
Could you please share how did you explain the condition to the officer?

akhileshtekchand

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-O
AOR Received.
20-02-2020
Med's Done....
03-02-2020
Just want to share my timeline.
Oath ceremony Jan 31
Certificate mailed Feb 1 morning.
Feb 2 tracker update completed.
Feb 3 tracker closed and certificate received in mailbox
Hello, how did you know that the certificate had been mailed? Did you get a response after sending the signed oath form?

parkland

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
When I sent the signed oath form, I got a auto responded email. However, I am still in progress.. I sent it on May 9th.

Last edited: