+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent citizenship certificate after zoom oath

wwwbfelix

Feb 2, 2023
Please help!
Can I request an urgent certificate after/at my zoom oath?
My oath has been scheduled on 9 Feb, and my grandma is really sick atm, so I need to travel back to Germany asap. (german passport expired)

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Please help!
Can I request an urgent certificate after/at my zoom oath?
My oath has been scheduled on 9 Feb, and my grandma is really sick atm, so I need to travel back to Germany asap. (german passport expired)
You can convey the same to the Oath Officer. If they agree which they should you will get the certificate next day.

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
Just want to share my timeline.
Oath ceremony Jan 31
Certificate mailed Feb 1 morning.
Feb 2 tracker update completed.
Feb 3 tracker closed and certificate received in mailbox

wwwbfelix

Feb 2, 2023
Oath ceremony Jan 31
how do you apply for the urgent process? would you please share the details?
thanks

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
I sent an emai lwith evidence in the same ceremony invite email address. and infirmed the same with clerk before ceremony started.

wwwbfelix

Feb 2, 2023
just sent the email with my oath form and also the doctor's note back to the citizenship ceremony email.. hope it will work

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
Oath ceremony Jan 31
Hi all , Update

Received certificate on Feb 3, noon.

Applied passport in person at Scarborough STC office on Feb 6 at 9 AM.

Received Passport on Feb 6 at 2 pm.

India E tourist visa applied on Feb 8, 10 pm

Received visa Feb 9 at 9 pm for 5 years multiple entry.

Regards
Senthil

FishSaya

Sep 1, 2022
just sent the email with my oath form and also the doctor's note back to the citizenship ceremony email.. hope it will work
Hi I have the same day ceremony Feb.9th. Also I am in the similar situation as you. I talked to the clerk during the pre-registration and she told me that if I sent back my oath letter right after the oath ceremony, she will send out my certificate the next day (Feb.10th). My application status was changed to CLOSED on Feb.10th. Hope she has already sent it out.
I am currently waiting for it. I have prepared to apply for the urgent passport the next morning when I receive the certificate.
Could you please share your timeline when you get your certificate?
I will share mine too.
Thank you!

wwwbfelix

Feb 2, 2023
Hi I have the same day ceremony Feb.9th. Also I am in the similar situation as you. I talked to the clerk during the pre-registration and she told me that if I sent back my oath letter right after the oath ceremony, she will send out my certificate the next day (Feb.10th). My application status was changed to CLOSED on Feb.10th. Hope she has already sent it out.
I am currently waiting for it. I have prepared to apply for the urgent passport the next morning when I receive the certificate.
Could you please share your timeline when you get your certificate?
I will share mine too.
Thank you!
which office processed your case? my oath is from IRCC Edmonton judge is from Winnipeg. unfortunately, My application status is still in process. I also called IRCC, and they told me that IRCC received my oath email and doctor's note, but no response from the officer and my certificate is still not mailed out yet. My grandma is in the end of life care, and I still don't have the certificate yet. I have no idea what to do atm. should I talk to my MP?

FishSaya

Sep 1, 2022
which office processed your case? my oath is from IRCC Edmonton judge is from Winnipeg. unfortunately, My application status is still in process. I also called IRCC, and they told me that IRCC received my oath email and doctor's note, but no response from the officer and my certificate is still not mailed out yet. My grandma is in the end of life care, and I still don't have the certificate yet. I have no idea what to do atm. should I talk to my MP?
My office is Toronto Scarborough. I tried to contact the oath email yesterday and they replied quickly. The call center is totally helpless on my side.
In the email they confirmed that as the officer promised, my certificate was sent out by Feb.10th.
I would not recommend contacting MP. My application processing time was 28 months which was exceeded the normal processing time. I contacted MP during the application progress, but the only thing they can do for me was calling the call center to get a answer. Usually it takes 4-5 days for each reply.
In the urgent situation, sending your documents to the oath email is the best way to reach IRCC I believe. If your certificate was not mailed out yet, you still have a chance to request for an expedited mailing.
I got the severe illness notification of my grandma from the hospital 2 days before the oath date. However, I don't have time to translate it into English in a certifed notary. So I only explain my condition to the officer during the ceremoy, and show her my tickets. Unfortunately, my certificate was sent out by regular mail, cannot be tracked, no expidited.
I have read some of the posts on the forum, if you have a flight ticket the next day, it is possible to get the passport printed out in the afternoon if you go to the Passport office in person.
I will update you after I receive my certificate.

wwwbfelix

Feb 2, 2023
My office is Toronto Scarborough. I tried to contact the oath email yesterday and they replied quickly. The call center is totally helpless on my side.
In the email they confirmed that as the officer promised, my certificate was sent out by Feb.10th.
I would not recommend contacting MP. My application processing time was 28 months which was exceeded the normal processing time. I contacted MP during the application progress, but the only thing they can do for me was calling the call center to get a answer. Usually it takes 4-5 days for each reply.
In the urgent situation, sending your documents to the oath email is the best way to reach IRCC I believe. If your certificate was not mailed out yet, you still have a chance to request for an expedited mailing.
I got the severe illness notification of my grandma from the hospital 2 days before the oath date. However, I don't have time to translate it into English in a certifed notary. So I only explain my condition to the officer during the ceremoy, and show her my tickets. Unfortunately, my certificate was sent out by regular mail, cannot be tracked, no expidited.
I have read some of the posts on the forum, if you have a flight ticket the next day, it is possible to get the passport printed out in the afternoon if you go to the Passport office in person.
I will update you after I receive my certificate.
I just finished the phone call with IRCC, the agent was really nice, she told me that they already printed my certificate out, and forward the urgent request to the clerk, but my urgent request was not yet responded by the clerk. apparently, the clerk is the one sending the certificate out.
The phone center agent also asks me to send another email with the proofs to the ceremony email, and see if the clerk will approve the urgent request... this whole thing just brings me so much stress and I can't fly out to see my family which I haven't seen for 3 years. :(
ps, there is no way to reach the clerk.............

Reactions: brswng