+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent : Citizenship application and its supporting documents should be in color or Black &White?

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
hai folks,

I am about to send a Citizenship application.

please clarify my doubts.

1. All scanned copies (passport copies, identity documents, IELTS score card should be in color print out or Black and white also Okay?

2. Signature on physical presence calculator is required now?

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hai folks,

1. All scanned copies (passport copies, identity documents, IELTS score card should be in color print out or Black and white also Okay?

I don't see any explicit mention of color photocopies in the instruction guide but I would still recommend color copies.

The new physical presence form does NOT require signature or date. Here's the word straight from the horse's mouth.

Thanks

Reactions: avm

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
I sent my application last Wednesday.

1.Some passport stamps are not clearly visible on the Grayscale. For that stamps, I took in the color printout.
2. I saw this IRCC tweet. The confusion happened again in Checklist, CIT 0007 (06-2019). It is asking for signature and Date on the PPC (Physical Presence Calculator).
For the safe side, I signed and dated on PPC.

Thanks a lot for clarifying my doubts

Last edited:

aspirant9

Nov 8, 2018
Hello @avm I am in the process of submitting the application. Can you please share if it is fine to print all documents in greyscale except the passport pages which are recommended to be color printed? Thanks in advance!

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
hai folks,

Thanks
Its mentioned on doc checklist as well that ONLY PASSPORT PAGES should be color copies. All other documents can be in greyscale.
Signatures on physical presence are not required any more. The only signatures required are on APPLICATION FORM and the signing date should be same as per calculator.

Reactions: aspirant9

aspirant9

Nov 8, 2018
Its mentioned on doc checklist as well that ONLY PASSPORT PAGES should be color copies. All other documents can be in greyscale.
Signatures on physical presence are not required any more. The only signatures required are on APPLICATION FORM and the signing date should be same as per calculator.
thank you so much for clarifying!!