+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent : Change visa S-1 to SW-1 Visa

Jaindeepak19

Apr 17, 2018
Hi,

I have got my S-1 visa recently stamped but my program requires SW-1 co-op visa. I;m travelling in 2 days.
Is it possible to get SW-1 visa after reaching Canada. Do i need to submit application again after reaching there? Please help it urgent.

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
Hi,

I have got my S-1 visa recently stamped but my program requires SW-1 co-op visa. I;m travelling in 2 days.
Is it possible to get SW-1 visa after reaching Canada. Do i need to submit application again after reaching there? Please help it urgent.
You can apply after you reach Canada.. that's not a problem ..

Manohar Rathod

Aug 28, 2017
Hi,

Did you take status changed from S-1 to SW-1 ?
As I’m also facing the same issue ..

Manohar Rathod

Aug 28, 2017
You can apply after you reach Canada.. that's not a problem ..
Hi @Kay2018 ... How are you doing ?
I got my visa on 29th May but it’s S-1 visa and I have now noticed that it should be SW-1 as my program has an internship as a part of program.
I have put an email across to university to get the clarification on the same but still bit worried about it if this could be an issue after I land there..
I hope this should’nt be an issue but still want to sort out this before leaving.

Jaindeepak19

Apr 17, 2018
Did you take status changed from S-1 to SW-1 ?
As I’m also facing the same issue ..
Hey, i have spoken to immigration department over here in VIU university. They have given me a letter and asked me to apply online. I guess you too need a letter from university asking for the same. Then u can go for a co op work permit. And it takes around 3 month over here so probably the time to go for internship you will have you SW-1 visa.
I will apply in this week for same

Manohar Rathod

Aug 28, 2017
Hey, i have spoken to immigration department over here in VIU university. They have given me a letter and asked me to apply online. I guess you too need a letter from university asking for the same. Then u can go for a co op work permit. And it takes around 3 month over here so probably the time to go for internship you will have you SW-1 visa.
I will apply in this week for same
Thanks for your reply Deepak :)
I have already emailed university regarding this yesterday itself & waiting for their revert.
I hope there wouldn’t be any issue at the immigration if officer check LOA because it’s mentioned in it about the internship as well..

Jaindeepak19

Apr 17, 2018
Thanks for your reply Deepak :)
I have already emailed university regarding this yesterday itself & waiting for their revert.
I hope there wouldn’t be any issue at the immigration if officer check LOA because it’s mentioned in it about the internship as well..
Don’t worry. No problem in immigration :).
I'm here in canada. Still need to apply. Immigration officer will not ask anything.

Manohar Rathod

Aug 28, 2017
Don’t worry. No problem in immigration :).
I'm here in canada. Still need to apply. Immigration officer will not ask anything.
Oh that’s a sigh of relief ;)
Still I’m waiting for the instructions from my university.
Let’s see what they have to say.
Thank you so much !!
Btw which university & program you opted for ?

Jaindeepak19

Apr 17, 2018
Oh that’s a sigh of relief ;)
Still I’m waiting for the instructions from my university.
Let’s see what they have to say.
Thank you so much !!
Btw which university & program you opted for ?
Yup thats the better plan to wait for university. But in case you don’t have much time remember you can do it from here as well while studying.
I just started with my MBA from Vancouver Island University Nanaimo BC
What about you?

Manohar Rathod

Aug 28, 2017
Yup thats the better plan to wait for university. But in case you don’t have much time remember you can do it from here as well while studying.
I just started with my MBA from Vancouver Island University Nanaimo BC
What about you?
Ya... I will be traveling in August.. Global management from Royal Roads university, Victoria, BC