+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Change in Address for Approved Open Work permit

upmanit

Star Member
Jul 19, 2015
I would really appreciate if somebody can help me on this.

While applying for open permit for my wife, I forgot to give Street No. The Permit got approved on 5th Nov,2015. I am fearing that it may not come to right address beacuse of street no not being there. What should I do now? Is there a way to contact CIC now and request them to send the permit to my correct address.

maverick85

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-07-2015
upmanit said:

While applying for open permit for my wife, I forgot to give Street No. The Permit got approved on 5th Nov,2015. I am fearing that it may not come to right address beacuse of street no not being there. What should I do now? Is there a way to contact CIC now and request them to send the permit to my correct address.
When the work permit gets approved, that means they have already posted it.
Right now you can try and open up a Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) and select change of address. It takes 5 business days, hence it might be of no use, but no harm in trying.

Other than that, there is no way now except to hope that with the postal code you gave, your work permit might still get delivered to you (postal code is for a specific street). Else, you have to wait till 6 weeks from the day of approval and then fill up a work permit document replacement form and send to cic.

upmanit

Star Member
Jul 19, 2015
Thanks for reply,

I have submitted CSE for Change of Address. I have soft copy of approval letter with me. Can I apply SIN for my wife based on this or do i have to wait for hard copy to apply.

maverick85

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-07-2015
upmanit said:
Thanks for reply,

I have submitted CSE for Change of Address. I have soft copy of approval letter with me. Can I apply SIN for my wife based on this or do i have to wait for hard copy to apply.
No, they will ask for original work permit for SIN.

Rounakm12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018

Hi Sir/Mam,

I have the same situation, can you please tell me how did you deal with this? Please helpQ