+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Canadian Experience class (job offer, police clearances)

noz

Mar 15, 2018
Dears,

I have received an invitation from Express Entry pool to apply for PR under Canadian Experience Class with my family (me, my wife and a child). Now I am gathering all documents. I have few questions, for which I would be grateful to have your opinion.

Questions:

Q1. I have a job offer that is valid until March 31, 2019 (I am working in Canada through this offer since Apr 2017). The CIC website (link) under “Letter of offer from the employer” section says: “include the following details: expected start date, commitment that the applicant will be employed on a continuous, paid, full-time work, for work that is for at least one year after issuance of a permanent resident visa”. In this case, can I still claim that I have an offer for 1 year? Or should I ask my employer to write an employer letter, in which he mentions, that he intends to hire me after my current contract finishes?

Q2. My wife’s police clearance from country X mentions mistakenly that she is a citizen of country X, but she is actually a citizen of country Y. Moreover, my wife’s previous last name (before marriage) is not mentioned in this police clearance. We requested a new police clearance from country X to address these error, but it is taking a long time. Do you recommend to go ahead with this police clearance and mention the errors in the letter of explanation or wait until we get a new police clearance? In case if we wait to receive a new one, I am afraid that my job offer will be valid for less than a year (it expires on March 31, 2019).Please advise.

Q3. Police clearance from Saudi Arabia is not required (link). We have one but received 2 months before we left the country. Please advise if should we still attach this, or not to attach at all.

Thank you!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Q1. I have a job offer that is valid until March 31, 2019 (I am working in Canada through this offer since Apr 2017). The CIC website (link) under “Letter of offer from the employer” section says: “include the following details: expected start date, commitment that the applicant will be employed on a continuous, paid, full-time work, for work that is for at least one year after issuance of a permanent resident visa”. In this case, can I still claim that I have an offer for 1 year? Or should I ask my employer to write an employer letter, in which he mentions, that he intends to hire me after my current contract finishes?

What kind of work permit do you have?

Generally, the job offer letter is for FUTURE employment (not your current job). So you would have to ask for a new letter - has to be valid for a year AFTER you become a PR (not from the date you apply).

Q2. My wife’s police clearance from country X mentions mistakenly that she is a citizen of country X, but she is actually a citizen of country Y. Moreover, my wife’s previous last name (before marriage) is not mentioned in this police clearance. We requested a new police clearance from country X to address these error, but it is taking a long time. Do you recommend to go ahead with this police clearance and mention the errors in the letter of explanation or wait until we get a new police clearance? In case if we wait to receive a new one, I am afraid that my job offer will be valid for less than a year (it expires on March 31, 2019).Please advise.

You can submit the old one with an explanation, and then upload the new one via the webform when your receive it.

Q3. Police clearance from Saudi Arabia is not required (link). We have one but received 2 months before we left the country. Please advise if should we still attach this, or not to attach at all.

If you upload the invalid one, it could trigger a request for a new one. Better to just upload the statement:

“I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Saudi Arabia because certificates are only available to people who have current legal residence status.”

Reactions: noz