+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Canada Post lost my mom's Passport!

sramamur

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
We sent my mother's passport (Indian) by Canada Post to CPC-Ottawa for issuing the Certificate of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document. This XpressPost shipment to Ottawa was lost by Canada Post and they cannot locate the lost shipment for the past week or so.

We are really devastated by this loss! We will now need to initiate the process of getting a replacement passport from the Toronto Indian Consulate and have to contact CIC to see whether they will grant an extension for the submission of the replacement passport.

Has anyone ever gone through a situation like this? Any advice you can provide will be very gratefully appreciated.

Sridhar.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Re: Urgent: My mom's Passport lost by Canada Post

send a case specific enquiry ASAP, so CIC can double check it wasn't sent back to them and you can notify them the COPR is lost. Note CIC may not be able to do anything until after 4 or 6 weeks have passed since it being lost in the mail. there is some grace period they have for lost mail.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
sramamur said:
We sent my mother's passport (Indian) by Canada Post to CPC-Ottawa for issuing the Certificate of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document. This XpressPost shipment to Ottawa was lost by Canada Post and they cannot locate the lost shipment for the past week or so.

We are really devastated by this loss! We will now need to initiate the process of getting a replacement passport from the Toronto Indian Consulate and have to contact CIC to see whether they will grant an extension for the submission of the replacement passport.

Has anyone ever gone through a situation like this? Any advice you can provide will be very gratefully appreciated.
Don't worry. It will be a bit of a delay but it will be fine.

IRCC will grant you an extension. Send the CSE explaining the situation and if you have anything from Canada Post about the missing package, like an email, include that.