+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT. Can I use my upfront medical exam (originally for study permit) for PR?

May 17, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
18-06-2017
AOR Received.
19-06-2017
Sorry for double posting. I'm new with creating threads and I didn't notice that the initial subject was incomplete.

-----------
Hello everyone!

I am in the process of uploading documents post-ITA of Express Entry.

I applied for study permit last March 17 and got denied last May 4, 2017 due to purpose of visit only.

I still have a valid medical exam which was done last March 1, 2017.

My question is--
Can I use my upfront medical exam for PR application?

IME: Non-EDE
Upfront medical type: Student

And just explain the details in my LOE?

Please respond. Thank you!

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry for double posting. I'm new with creating threads and I didn't notice that the initial subject was incomplete.

-----------
Hello everyone!

I applied for study permit last March 17 and got denied last May 4, 2017 due to purpose of visit only.

My question is--

I remember for PR it is:
Upfront medical type: Worker

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017

-----------
Hello everyone!

My question is--

If your medical exam included the following examinations, you should be fine:
  • 501: Medical Examination
  • 502: Chest X-ray Exam.
  • 707: HIV Test
  • 712: Syphilis Test (VDRL or RPR)
Also, it is better to have your medical exam taken as close to your application submission date as possible to avoid possible delays in your PR application. If your medical was about to expire while your PR was in processing, CIC may re-evaluate your medical, or ask you for a new one. This can delay your PR application for about 2 months! Also, once you get your PR visa stamped on your passport, the visa will be valid for 1 year or until the expiry of your medical exam, what ever comes first. Therefore, submitting an old medical exam may give you a shorter period for landing in Canada.

FYI, my medical exam was NON-EDE and WORKER type.

Good luck!

May 17, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
18-06-2017
AOR Received.
19-06-2017
Thank you so much!

I've also read just now:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/assess/using.asp

----------------------------------------
A medical assessment is interchangeable and can be used for other immigration categories, unless the medical officer imposed one of the following limitations on the assessment:

The most commonly used limitations are:

• “Assessed as excessive demand exempt only”. A new immigration medical examination is required if the applicant applies under an immigration category that is no longer excessive demand exempt (e.g. the foreign national applied as sponsored spouse (FC-1) and now applies as Federal Skilled Worker)
  • “Assessed as Temporary Resident only”. A new immigration medical examination is required if the applicant applies for permanent resident status or extend his or her stay in Canada.

Reactions: zafontana
Jan 10, 2018
I'm in almost the same situation: I have a medical exam that was done for a study permit two weeks ago. In the meantime I got an ITA, so now I'd like to submit the same exam as part of my post-ITA process.

My exam has the 501, 502, 707 and 712 exams, so I think I should be fine. The only detail is that my "Upfront medical type" is empty (does not says 'worker' or 'study').

Upfront medical type:

I probably should explain this in my LOE, right?

Thank you!!!

Camilarodign

Dec 1, 2017
I'm in almost the same situation: I have a medical exam that was done for a study permit two weeks ago. In the meantime I got an ITA, so now I'd like to submit the same exam as part of my post-ITA process.

My exam has the 501, 502, 707 and 712 exams, so I think I should be fine. The only detail is that my "Upfront medical type" is empty (does not says 'worker' or 'study').

Upfront medical type:

Thank you!!!
Have you uploaded the student one? How did you do? Thanks

Camilarodign

Dec 1, 2017

-----------
Hello everyone!

My question is--

Have you uploaded the student one? How did you do? Thanks

FahimH

Aug 16, 2020
I uploaded. I've called the receptionist at the doctor's office and she told me to use the same as the exams were identical.
Hello! Have you heard anything from IRCC yet regarding your medical? Have they accepted it? I have similar situation. I completed my medical examination for study permit application, and just after 1 week I received my ITA. Although I did found that medical examination is valid for 1 year and can be used interchangeably (unless limitations are imposed) from the website, I have not found any guaranteed answer/discussion to this issue so far. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Camilarodign

Dec 1, 2017
Hello! Have you heard anything from IRCC yet regarding your medical? Have they accepted it? I have similar situation. I completed my medical examination for study permit application, and just after 1 week I received my ITA. Although I did found that medical examination is valid for 1 year and can be used interchangeably (unless limitations are imposed) from the website, I have not found any guaranteed answer/discussion to this issue so far. Thank you in advance!
I used the same and the medical exam was approved last thrusday. So, it worked well.

bojac

Aug 9, 2019
Hello, my medicals have expired since feb 2020, but I got PPR last week. I am worried that the expired medicals will delay my visa so I want to do another medicals before I submit my passport. The hospital is requesting for IME number. Can I use my old IME/UMI number or do I have to wait for IRCC to ask me to another medicals?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hello, my medicals have expired since feb 2020, but I got PPR last week. I am worried that the expired medicals will delay my visa so I want to do another medicals before I submit my passport. The hospital is requesting for IME number. Can I use my old IME/UMI number or do I have to wait for IRCC to ask me to another medicals?
If you got a PPR they must have automatically extended your medicals. Just submit your passport and wait for instructions. Check the expiry dates on your copr and visa once you get it back.

bojac

Aug 9, 2019
Thank you. I'll take your advice.
However, I have a friend whose medicals expired after he submitted his passport. He later got a mail on 15th Dec 2020 that due to COVID, COPR cannot be issued for economic applicants with medical results valid for less than a specific period, currently set at 6 months. And that they will hold his passport until they are able to issue it either bcos restrictions change or they get authorisation to request a new medicals.

2020cadream

Jan 23, 2020

Upfront medical type:

Thank you!!!
Hi! May I know if your medical exam was accepted by then? In the same boat now, I had my medical exam last Sepand was invited for PR application this month.