+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT-Can I pick my passport up from VAC in person?(If I took the mail option)

akansha00

May 18, 2015
Hi!

I mailed my passport for stamping on May 8 and still have not received it back. My status as of today (May 18) was '“Application completed-In transit to the VAC”. I received an email from CIC stating that my application was approved and closed on Friday (May 15). Do you know if I could ask VAC to hold my passport in office and I could go to New York (from Washington DC) to pick it up in person now? My flight to Canda is on May 20 early morning. I only have one day and this will ruin my entire plan.

I WOULD BE VERY VERY VERY GRATEFUL if someone could help!

Thanks,
Akansha

amoosam

May 8, 2015
Definitely you can pick it up from VAC, however, you need to make sure that they have not sent it already! that's the only problem you have!
call them tomorrow morning and then decide what to do!

could you please let me know:

1. when you applied online!
2. when you received their MSG asking for your passport?
and any other information you have?

akansha00

May 18, 2015
Thank you so much for your reply!!

Applied online: April 22
Received notification to send passport: May 8
Send passport on : May 8
Received message from CVAC giving my Airway bill number : May 13
Received message from CIC saying application closed : May 15

Also, Can someone pick it up on my behalf (with my consent letter) because even if they hold the passport once I speak to them at 9 am. I will get into NY only at 2pm.

Thanks,
Akansha

amoosam

May 8, 2015
I have no idea, but it's appeared to be the only way you can get it tomorrow!
however you need to ask your friend to sent it back to DC! or you are flying from NY?

Manasee

May 17, 2018
Just wanted to know when VAC send back the passports to applicant, do they give the return tracking number. I just called the VAC and they said they do, but wanted to confirm with other applicants. unfortunately USPS has not given me return tracking as they posted stamp on my return envelope, they said VAC should give that to you when they are sending back.