+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: can Embassy in Abu Dhabi issue Certificate of Identity

abudhabian

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Hi all,

I am a PR in Canada, and unfortunately Canada dont recognise my country's passport as a valid travel document into Canada, although i visited few times other countries in the gulf and came back to Toronto using my PR card only.
in my last travel to abu dhabi and on my way back ,the Etihad staff didnt let me go untill they called the embassy to check why i am using this invalid passport,and the guy from the embassy asked me next time i travel into canada to get myself a certificate of identity, and he will let me pass this time but he wont in the future,i am not sure if he flag my name into the system or not.

my question now, due to some family urgent matter,i need to fly to abu dhabi within 2 days,and i checked cic website to get certificate of identity which will take 20 days processing time, i will stay in abu dhabi for 15 days and come back.

can the canadian embassy or the consulate in UAE issue me a certificate of identity or temp travel document along with my PR card to renter canada , and how long is the processing time to get that process done from the embassy.

thx all