+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent, Bridge Work Permit application after getting ITA

Sepehragapeh

Feb 4, 2015
I am trying to apply for bridge as my work permit is expiring in a week and I have got the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter just last week after submitting my application for PR after getting ITA.

Now , when I try to apply online, it asks me bunch of question and then tells me I am eligible for temporary visitor visa and nothing about work permit. I'm confused! The checklist , gives me a form for temporary visa outside Canada while I am in Canada and said I am in Canada. What's going on?

Should I go ahead with paper application http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.aspor is there any way to do this online?

Any help would be highly appreciated as I'm stressing out.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you answer "no" to this question:

Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?'

Sepehragapeh

Feb 4, 2015
Yes because I have not been told anything. Have I ?
I have got the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter but does that mean I should answer yes?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dull1234 said:
Hi

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to answer the questionnaires to have the option to apply for BOWP.

I am answering that I plan to Work in Canada and plan to stay Temporarily - more than 6 months.

And i leave “Worker” for my immigration status (i hold an open work permit)

I answer "NO" to 'Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?' as I only just sent in my application and only got AoR. (should this be "Yes" instead???) If I answer "No" I dont have the Open Work Permit Option.

Sorry for the long questions. Appreciate the help
RabinJi said:
yes put yes if you received already AOR.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bridging-open-work-permit-bowp-under-express-entry-connect-here-t272029.855.html

Sepehragapeh

Feb 4, 2015
Appreciate it very much, I was so stressed out that didn't see this. Man , I don't know why IRCC don't write their question simply and clearly so that no one has to experiment with the answers to find out what is the correct permutation!

So for possible future people, you need to answer yes to the question!

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....