+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Urgent] Big frastruation with my PR process. Am I screwed big time?

weirdduck

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
I applied PR + OWP from last year September.

I've been asking my consultant if I have gotten the medical request yet for the past 7 months. In response, he has always been telling me to just wait.

However, I've finally found out by myself that CIC already sent out the medical request in January this year.

I told him about this, He said it would be okay because he already sent the medical copy upfront in November of last year.

Do you see what is wrong here? My consultant sent the medical copy in advance and then we received the medical request 2 months later.

I think CIC did not approve the up-front medical copy and asked us to do it again. If that is true, how is it okay? It already passed 6 months after we received the medical request.

I shared my concern to him that this would delay the PR processing time a lot if we have to do it again.

He told me that it is possible that my medical was already passed/accepted by CIC, and the medical request I received 2 months after us sending the medical copy might have been a mistake from CIC. Because, Immigration has several different departments that take cares of different things so there might have been a communication issue which caused a delay receiving my medical copy and updating it on their system.

I asked "okay there was a delay and all that but it has been almost 8 months since I sent the medical copy how is that we don't see any updates on it?" to him.

He said " I wouldn't be able to see if the medical was passed or not from the website because things are mainly done via mail".

I think this is not true because all my friends who applied PR said they could see their medical result update from CIC.

My pr application still says ""We sent you medical instructions on January xx, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. ".

I also told him why he let me find about all this and why he didn't bother to look at my pr application from CIC website in detail.

He said CIC would call or e-mail him if there was anything wrong with my medical process. So, he didn't bother.

I feel really lost as to what to do right now.. Am I screwed?

Haideen

Jan 8, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-01-2020
AOR Received.
12-02-2020
Med's Request
26-02-2020
Med's Done....
03-03-2020
Hi,
I Hughly doubt CICwould call or email to update about a single application, all updates we have receive have been either through Ecas or GCKey login, and of course we got biometric and medical request via email. They have way to many applications to be running around after people not making their deadlines.

While doing my initial research on the application process I read over and over NOT to do or send medical in advance if the medical request from IRCC.

Somethings not adding up.

Haideen

Jan 8, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-01-2020
AOR Received.
12-02-2020
Med's Request
26-02-2020
Med's Done....
03-03-2020
I don’t think you are screwed, if it was me, I’d ditch this guy, submit a webform explaining the delay and submit a new medical, is the January medical request letter still valid?

cheekoo

Apr 11, 2013
Your consultant sounds lazy and not good at what he does . You should link your application online, if not already done, and use the webform to communicate with CIC . They respond to webforms, even if it takes a while.
Based on current circumstances, you should be ok. Sometimes their system also has glitches, I was told by one officer in reply to my webform that they have not received my parents medical. The doctor's office said they submitted a month ago. I submitted the webform again and I was told they did get it .

weirdduck

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
I don’t think you are screwed, if it was me, I’d ditch this guy, submit a webform explaining the delay and submit a new medical, is the January medical request letter still valid?
I don't know if the January medical request is still valid, he said the medical paper didn't arrive at his office by mail.

However, I found that medical instruction can be also found from CIC website.

So I will ask him about it.

He sent the webform yesterday anyway so there's that. but I concern webform would take 2 weeks and i think immigrant officers will look at my application at last.

I heard somewhere(but im not sure) if there's sth wrong in the application or if applicant doesn't follow up with CIC's instruction in a timely manner, they put the application to the last cue(will take longer).

Sep applicants started getting their pr from yesterday. I'm so behind..

Does background check run separately tho? or does it start when the medical is passed.

I want to know if I'm almost at the last step..

Last edited: