+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT- Bank Draft: Recipient Address for OOPNP ?

lpera

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
I tried here in Brazil and WU said they can only send it from and to a private individual and not to a legal entity. Can anyone please confirm it?

Thanks.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
In pakistan, they make a demand draft from western union in favor of ontario minister if finance without asking any address.

Is it ok ?

ariadnemm

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/feb/2016
Doc's Request.
30/nov/2016
Nomination.....
16/dec/2016 (Ontario - Human Capital Priorities Stream)
AOR Received.
26/jan/2017 (e-APR)
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
23/jan/2017 - Passed 15/fev/2017
I did try here in Brazil. All the options given by the application guide were unavailable to me. I went to several banks and Western Union agencies and they said they needed more details, or that they could only make it in favor of a physical person, not the general term "Ontario Minister of Finance".
I gave up and now I am asking help from a friend that lives in Montreal. I will send him my application envelop, transfer him the money, and he will get the money order from a canadian bank and add it to my application documents to send to Toronto. That was the only way I've found to solve the problem...

Cunctator

Oct 12, 2015
reddevil666 said:
My bank told me that they also need the recipient address while making the bank draft. I am making it in favor of Ontario Minister of Finance for 1500$. What address shall I use ? :-[
Hi there. Any news with OOPNP application,was it approved.Thanks.

NomadSoul

Jul 24, 2015
Just got my OOPNP application returned as incomplete. Reason: "We do not accept Western Union payment". :( May be this information will be useful for someone.

NazSharp

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haznac said:
Thanks for confirming, manhar1985!

I'm still going to share OOPNP's response when I receive it, but my Russian friend - we seem to be off the hook! :)
I'm also applying from Turkey and you can go to Is Bankası and get a foreign currency check (Dövize natık çek) which apparently counts as a bank draft :) this is what they told me and since I don't know anyone in Canada I have no other choice but to try it out. I know this is a bit off topic but do we really need all the translations to be notarized for OOPNP, this is going to drain me out :(

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Usually, people take a foreign currency Demand Draft. This is the easiest method and the processing fee is very cheap (in India). As of today, all FOREIGN CURRENCY Demand Drafts are valid for 6 months by default if there is no expiry date is mentioned on the DD.

Plus, you DO NOT have to mention any address. Just write Ontario, CANADA in the form that they give you!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
reddevil666 said:
Which of the following 3 addresses shall I use ?

1. Ministry of Finance 33 King Street West Oshawa, Ontario, Canada L1H 8H5

2. Minister of Finance 7 Queen's Park Crescent, 7th floor Toronto, Ontario M7A 1Y7

3. Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program
Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade
400 University Avenue, Ground Floor
Toronto, Ontario
M7A 2R9
Canada
You DO NOT have to mention any address.

natoskiii

Nov 13, 2015
lpera said:
I tried here in Brazil and WU said they can only send it from and to a private individual and not to a legal entity. Can anyone please confirm it?
Thanks.
Guys,

I have the same limitation in Egypt.
No bank is able to issue a bank draft in Canadian dollars, also WU told me they can send to only individuals.
What to do in this case?!
Why can't they just give us an account so that we can do a transfer to!

IlyaL

Sep 4, 2015
Guys,

anybody solved this problem with bank draft from Russia ? What is the easiest way ?

Please, advice.

Thanks.