+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Arriving in Canada

maro11

May 15, 2020
Hello. I am currently studying my Bachelors degree via distance learning from my home country via Zoom and I will be graduating from my 4 year degree on December 18th 2020. My study permit is valid until Mach 2021. If I come to Canada on December 20th, can the immigration officer deny me from entry for any reasons? I will be coming to Canada to apply for my post graduate work permit and also for a study permit into a Masters program. Thank you.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Yes you could be denied, you have no essential reason to come to Canada, PGWP can be applied from outside Canada, also masters doesnt make sense with PGWP or you should get admission before coming.

maro11

May 15, 2020
Yes you could be denied, you have no essential reason to come to Canada, PGWP can be applied from outside Canada, also masters doesnt make sense with PGWP or you should get admission before coming.
Thanks for your answer

Can I come to Canada if I receive my letter of acceptance in February? My current study permit expires in March. Thanks.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hello. I am currently studying my Bachelors degree via distance learning from my home country via Zoom and I will be graduating from my 4 year degree on December 18th 2020. My study permit is valid until Mach 2021. If I come to Canada on December 20th, can the immigration officer deny me from entry for any reasons? I will be coming to Canada to apply for my post graduate work permit and also for a study permit into a Masters program. Thank you.
You can't be studying and working at the same time.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Thanks for your answer

Can I come to Canada if I receive my letter of acceptance in February? My current study permit expires in March. Thanks.
You should be able to come there are some rules about being on covid readiness list and I believe you need to have on campus classes, again you need an essential reason to travel.

abinj

Star Member
Dec 14, 2019
Hello, can I have your opinion on this thread please. Should I inform ircc about new course change through web form?.