+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent !! Are we eligible for EI and CREB

Marora

Jan 13, 2020
1))We got ITA on 4 March 2020 but on 20 March I got temporary lay off ( I am on wrk permit) . can I apply for EI??? Will it effect my PR process??

2))owing to covid-19 my husband( on open wrk permit) is getting just 2-3 shifts in a week . Can he apply for emergency fund???

plzzzz reply asap

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
1))We got ITA on 4 March 2020 but on 20 March I got temporary lay off ( I am on wrk permit) . can I apply for EI??? Will it effect my PR process??

2))owing to covid-19 my husband( on open wrk permit) is getting just 2-3 shifts in a week . Can he apply for emergency fund???

plzzzz reply asap
1- Possibly, If you qualify, you must have worked the minimum amount of insurable hours in your economic zone. HOWEVER, you’re on a work permit , more than likely not
2-No, CERB is not a income supplement, it’s a income replacement due to Covid . Must have lost ones job due to CERB

-Getting a ITA isn’t relevant. You’re still individuals on work permits which will cause complications in applying for types of benefits

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/cerb-application.html

Last edited:

Shinedew01

Apr 6, 2020
I was about to join work after my child completed 1 year on 13th march I was on a maternity break. I have emails and job interview calls saved. Now the day cares are closed and my job opportunities no longer available due to covid 19. I'm home taking care of my child which is a fulltime job. I have no income now. Will I be eligible for cerb benefits?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I was about to join work after my child completed 1 year on 13th march I was on a maternity break. I have emails and job interview calls saved. Now the day cares are closed and my job opportunities no longer available due to covid 19. I'm home taking care of my child which is a fulltime job. I have no income now. Will I be eligible for cerb benefits?
As you didn't stop working due to COVID-19, you don't qualify for CERB.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Preet Brar

Aug 1, 2019
Hi dear i applied for creb but my questions is i was working as a health care worker but my last day at work was dec 31 2019. Now i changed my proffesion as an EA. I quit my previous job this week Beacuse its bn 3 months i am not going there Beacuse of my daughter. I had income from last year and i am ea in school district they are close. My question is am i eligible.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi dear i applied for creb but my questions is i was working as a health care worker but my last day at work was dec 31 2019. Now i changed my proffesion as an EA. I quit my previous job this week Beacuse its bn 3 months i am not going there Beacuse of my daughter. I had income from last year and i am ea in school district they are close. My question is am i eligible.
If you haven't been working for 3 months, then no, you don't qualify.

jayaa

Jan 10, 2018
I was working from Decemebr 15th march till mid march and thats more then 3 months and earned more almost 5400 in last 12 months period ( 20 dec 2019 to 15 march 2020) and then quit as self employed job didn't let me work due to covid and children were asked by govt to stay home. So had to stop job due to covid 19 and looking children at home both are less age living a their own at house.
Since I was self employed I was getting cash payment but will file for taxes in 2020 for those.I am cook and cook for 3 different families everyday fresh food . 25 per hour.was amounting 1800 a month which becomes 5400.Thiis income is deposted in my account as well as proof.

Apparently if u earn cash payment u have to employ as elf employ if its more than 400 ??

so residing in Canada
loss of job due to covid 19 and also had to look after under age kids whose school is stopped due to covd
Never apply EI
Neither not getting any benefits
single mom

do I qualify.

please advice.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
if you quit your job you also don’t qualify.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I was working from Decemebr 15th march till mid march and thats more then 3 months and earned more almost 5400 in last 12 months period ( 20 dec 2019 to 15 march 2020) and then quit as self employed job didn't let me work due to covid and children were asked by govt to stay home. So had to stop job due to covid 19 and looking children at home both are less age living a their own at house.
Since I was self employed I was getting cash payment but will file for taxes in 2020 for those.I am cook and cook for 3 different families everyday fresh food . 25 per hour.was amounting 1800 a month which becomes 5400.Thiis income is deposted in my account as well as proof.

Apparently if u earn cash payment u have to employ as elf employ if its more than 400 ??

so residing in Canada
loss of job due to covid 19 and also had to look after under age kids whose school is stopped due to covd
Never apply EI
Neither not getting any benefits
single mom

do I qualify.

please advice.
Self-employed people don’t qualify for EI. You didn’t pay into EI.

Are you still cooking for these families or doing any paid work? Did the families ask you not to cook anymore?

jayaa

Jan 10, 2018
Self-employed people don’t qualify for EI. You didn’t pay into EI.
I AM ASKING FOR creb as not EI. as CREB SELF EMPLOYED ARE ELIGIBLE STATES ON THEIR WEB AND BY TRUDEAU. AND NOT COOKING ANYMORE BECAUSE THEY WONT WANT ANYONE TO COME HOME DUE TO COVID AND ALSO I AM LOOKING FOR KIDS WHOSE SCHOOLS NATIONWIDE HAS BEEN STOPPED DUE TO COVID.

CREB STATES SELF EMPLOYED CAN APPLY AND ALSO PEOPLE WHO HAVE STOPPED WORKING DUE TO SCHOOL CLOSURES .
Are you still cooking for these families or doing any paid work? Did the families ask you not to cook anymore?

MYam823

Oct 30, 2017
Real estate agents are classified as self employed and they DO qualify for CERB. in a nutshell, as long as your income in the past 12 mths was more than $5000 ,and your current job was terminated or you are not getting paid due to covid 19, you are eligible to apply for cerb. Afterall, it was launched to help ppl who lost their jobs because of covid 19. just my 2 cents' worth.

jayaa

Jan 10, 2018
NO NOT COOKING MORE AS THERE RELATIVES ASK TO NOT TO COME HOME DUE TO ELDERY PEOPLE AND ALSO MY CHILDREN ARE NOW HOME AS SCHOOLS ARE STOPPED AND THEY CANT BE LEFT ALONE AS UNDER AGE TWO OF THEM.ALSO I WAS SENDING FOOD TO PARTIES AND NO ONE WANTS THEM AS WELL. SO NO MORE

Ann2020

Apr 13, 2020
Hi,
I was laid off in March 9 due to COVID-19.And I don't have enough insurable hours to claim EI benefit. Am I eligiable for the CERB?Thanks