+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*urgent*Approved of study permit, don't have a copy; deregister from university

ben960606

Oct 22, 2015
Hello,

I am concerned about study permit and being deregistered from mcgill due to study permit issue.

I was granted to receive study permit around July, and I have received confirmation that my study permit is approved and will be delivered.
However, I haven't got any copy until september, and I read if my permit haven't been delivered for 60 days, I need to contact CIC.
Therefore I contacted them, and they told me there was system error in the delivery address and the study permit wasn't delivered.
I had to request for replacement of documents, which I did in mid september, but I got refused because one of my ID sent wasn't valid, and got it back two weeks later which is october.
As soon as I got the documents back I put another valid ID and sent it again, and waiting for reply. It said the processing time is 30 days.

The problem is that since beginning of October, university told me I will get deregistered from university courses if I don't send them a copy of study permit, since I am "illegally" studying in Mcgill.
I have sent them approval of study permit from CIC, they put that in the file but they told me they will have to deregister me soon if I don't sent them documents because they have to report to government.

What can I do? I tried contacting CIC by phone but they told my study permit application is closed and they wouldn't let me talk to an agent,
nor when I choose the replacement of documents option they still won't let me talk to an agent. I also tried pressing 0 but it didn't work.

pretty_girl

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015 rec. by CIO
Doc's Request.
PCC - 31-08-2015, Jan 21 2016, March 08 2016
Nomination.....
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted already 2015-06-17
Med's Request
Upfront - October 22nd
Med's Done....
10-22-2015
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
ben960606 said:
Hello,

I am concerned about study permit and being deregistered from mcgill due to study permit issue.

I was granted to receive study permit around July, and I have received confirmation that my study permit is approved and will be delivered.
However, I haven't got any copy until september, and I read if my permit haven't been delivered for 60 days, I need to contact CIC.
Therefore I contacted them, and they told me there was system error in the delivery address and the study permit wasn't delivered.
I had to request for replacement of documents, which I did in mid september, but I got refused because one of my ID sent wasn't valid, and got it back two weeks later which is october.
As soon as I got the documents back I put another valid ID and sent it again, and waiting for reply. It said the processing time is 30 days.

The problem is that since beginning of October, university told me I will get deregistered from university courses if I don't send them a copy of study permit, since I am "illegally" studying in Mcgill.
I have sent them approval of study permit from CIC, they put that in the file but they told me they will have to deregister me soon if I don't sent them documents because they have to report to government.

What can I do? I tried contacting CIC by phone but they told my study permit application is closed and they wouldn't let me talk to an agent,
nor when I choose the replacement of documents option they still won't let me talk to an agent. I also tried pressing 0 but it didn't work.
Give that confirmation copy to your university and explain them your situation.

Ask your advisor to contact CIC regarding this matter or contact your local MP.