+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Applying for Study Permit - Are you accompanying a family member that has a status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?

Imran Khan 1

Feb 15, 2020
URGENT
========
Dear friends:

Both myself and my wife have "Visitor Visas" for Canada BUT we have so far not travelled to Canada.

Now my wife has got admission to a Canadian University and is singly applying for Canadian "Study Pemit". (Not sure if it related to this question or not BUT she has sufficient funds in her individual Banks statement for her to sponsor herself).

What should be her answer (Yes/No) to the question "Are you accompanying a family member that has a status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?"

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
URGENT
========
Dear friends:

Both myself and my wife have "Visitor Visas" for Canada BUT we have so far not travelled to Canada.

Now my wife has got admission to a Canadian University and is singly applying for Canadian "Study Pemit". (Not sure if it related to this question or not BUT she has sufficient funds in her individual Banks statement for her to sponsor herself).

What should be her answer (Yes/No) to the question "Are you accompanying a family member that has a status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?"
No.

Reactions: sulidin

sulidin

Sep 10, 2019
URGENT
========
Dear friends:

I am in the similar situation. We both already have visitor visa and we both applying for study / work permit to stay temporarily in Canada. I assume that my answer is YES. However if anyone can assist it would be helpful.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am in the similar situation. We both already have visitor visa and we both applying for study / work permit to stay temporarily in Canada. I assume that my answer is YES. However if anyone can assist it would be helpful.
The answer is no. Your spouse doesn’t have status in Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If one of you is applying for a study permit and the other is applying for a work permit based on the spouse's study permit, the answer is Yes. If you are each applying independently for study permits, it's No.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If one of you is applying for a study permit and the other is applying for a work permit based on the spouse's study permit, the answer is Yes. If you are each applying independently for study permits, it's No.
Real question because I would say no. If the spouse hasn’t received OWP only applies why would it be yes?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Real question because I would say no. If the spouse hasn’t received OWP only applies why would it be yes?
It was my understanding that if they are applying together, it is a Yes. I could be wrong.

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
IF you are planing to accompany your spouse, in the event her study permit is granted, YOU MUST ANSWER YES.

sulidin

Sep 10, 2019
We applied together in same application. Study permit for me , work permit for my wife. I answered that question "NO" . According to my research visitor visa is not a status in Canada. It should be "visitor record" or other types of legal status

Reactions: Yaadgyrl