+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Amend COPR before or after landing?

puglove

Aug 3, 2016
Hello All,

I received my COPR today. Yay! :) However, I noticed that the original date of entry is wrong.
1. Do I send an email to visa office/send the cops back to be amended or land with this COPR and apply to amend it?
2. If I do an inland landing at CIC office, will the VO be able to amend it?

Thank you for your help.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
puglove said:
Hello All,

I received my COPR today. Yay! :) However, I noticed that the original date of entry is wrong.
1. Do I send an email to visa office/send the cops back to be amended or land with this COPR and apply to amend it?

Thank you for your help.
Notify CIC straight away, and ask them how to proceed.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
puglove said:
Hello All,

You can go ahead and land, and inform the VO while landing.

However, the COPR will not be amended, this is how CIC does it (it probably gives the date of your most recent permit). It does not mean what we think it means.

puglove

Aug 3, 2016
Thank you for the replies :)

I am wondering if I do the landing at inland CIC office, will the VO there be able to correct it?
Also, once it is amended, do I receive a new COPR?

martha1901

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-06-2016
puglove said:
Thank you for the replies :)

I am wondering if I do the landing at inland CIC office, will the VO there be able to correct it?
Also, once it is amended, do I receive a new COPR?
When I received my passport request, I just sent my British passport for renewal, but I went ahead and sent the rest of the paperwork with a letter of explanation with regards to my passport. When I received my new passport, I sent them the bio page, then they send our COPR with my old passport number on it . I had my landing at the CIC office and I explained about the passport, she then look up my file where it was noted by the officer about the renewal. She then amended my COPR with the new passport number and printed a new one for me.

puglove

Aug 3, 2016
martha1901 said:
When I received my passport request, I just sent my British passport for renewal, but I went ahead and sent the rest of the paperwork with a letter of explanation with regards to my passport. When I received my new passport, I sent them the bio page, then they send our COPR with my old passport number on it . I had my landing at the CIC office and I explained about the passport, she then look up my file where it was noted by the officer about the renewal. She then amended my COPR with the new passport number and printed a new one for me.
That's very helpful. Thank you!

muxican

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-02-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
puglove said:
Hello All,

Thank you for your help.
I really don't think it matters at all and it will just trigger some time-consuming checks. My original date of entry is my last entry to Canada with my study permit. I have definitely gone out and back into the country after that but with my PGWP. Another friend who studied with me also had a similar date. They must have their own criteria for setting that date.

puglove

Aug 3, 2016
muxican said:
I really don't think it matters at all and it will just trigger some time-consuming checks. My original date of entry is my last entry to Canada with my study permit. I have definitely gone out and back into the country after that but with my PGWP. Another friend who studied with me also had a similar date. They must have their own criteria for setting that date.
That is interesting. My original date of entry is also my last entry to Canada with my study permit like you. After that entry, I got my PGWP. And prior to that entry, I had other entries in Canada ofcourse.

muxican

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-02-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
puglove said:
Muxican, have you landed yet?
Not yet, I am planning to do so until October since I have a trip planned for next month.

puglove

Aug 3, 2016
Update: I landed at IRCC Office in Ottawa on Tuesday. The officer wrote my correct original date of entry on the COPR.

However, I am noticing today that the Became PR on and Became PR at fields are not filled it on my COPR. What should I do regarding that?

Reactions: Tomi2