+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*Urgent Advise Needed* Received e-mail to create portal account for PNP-PR application and CEC-PR is still in progress

prathmesh77

Nov 29, 2015
Hey Guys.
I had submitted a paper-based PR application in December 2020 to IRCC and in that application my marital status was single. Then, I got married in January 2021. Later, in February 2021, I tried to submit my wife's documents via the webform to IRCC so she could join me in the application but IRCC replied stating that my application is not acknowledged yet and they did not accept my wife's documents.
Later in May 2021, I became eligible for CEC and applied online for PR (express entry) and my wife is part of that application. The CEC-EE is still in progress and today I received an e-mail from IRCC that my PNP-PR is approved and they want me to create a portal account to enter further details. I don't want to do that because I know then probably I'll get PR and my wife won't because she wasn't a part of that application. Need advise how to proceed.

Prabh9257

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Hey Guys.
I had submitted a paper-based PR application in December 2020 to IRCC and in that application my marital status was single. Then, I got married in January 2021. Later, in February 2021, I tried to submit my wife's documents via the webform to IRCC so she could join me in the application but IRCC replied stating that my application is not acknowledged yet and they did not accept my wife's documents.
Later in May 2021, I became eligible for CEC and applied online for PR (express entry) and my wife is part of that application. The CEC-EE is still in progress and today I received an e-mail from IRCC that my PNP-PR is approved and they want me to create a portal account to enter further details. I don't want to do that because I know then probably I'll get PR and my wife won't because she wasn't a part of that application. Need advise how to proceed.
You need to take advice from a professional now. If they have approved your PR application that means you are now a permanent resident and probably your second application will not be processed. @scylla if you can please provide some guidance here

prathmesh77

Nov 29, 2015
You need to take advice from a professional now. If they have approved your PR application that means you are now a permanent resident and probably your second application will not be processed. @scylla if you can please provide some guidance here
Thanks fro the reply.

One thing they mentioned in the email is:
"Changes to your situation:
You must inform us immediately by replying to this email of any of these changes:
- You get married, divorced, enter a common-law union, or become separated from
your spouse"

Let's say I do not create portal account yet and just submit my wife's documents using webform would that work?