Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/26/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
I have been looking at the new FSW criteria and I'm wondering what educational points I will receive. I have not completed a degree however I have done various NVQ's and also some trade certifications these have been achieved over a number of years and if added together may cover a similar period of time to a degree/higher diploma/certificate.

If I provided the certificates with equivalent study time, when I studied etc and what these are equivalent too would these years and certificates be taken into account?

Thanks

Mike

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
" I have not completed a degree" - meaning that not even secondary school?

Factor 1: Education
(maximum of 25 points)
[as per last MI 3]

Points are awarded for earned educational credentials as well as the number of years of full‑time studies or full‑time equivalent studies. To be awarded points, you must meet both stated criteria. Failure to provide documentation that indicates the completion of the program of study AND the total number of years of the education, may affect the number of points you receive for Education.

Full‑time studies: This includes both secondary and post secondary education of at least 15 hours of instruction per week during the academic year. This includes any period of workplace training that forms part of the course.

Full‑time equivalent studies: If you completed a program of study (secondary or post-secondary) on a part‑time or accelerated basis, count the length of time it would have taken to complete the program on a full‑time basis.

Use the chart below to determine your points. If you have not completed the number of years of study that correspond to your highest educational credential, award yourself points based on the number of years of study.

Example 1: If you have a Master's degree but have completed only 16 years of full‑time study, award yourself 22 points.

Example 2: If you have a four‑year Bachelor's degree and have completed 14 or more years of study, award yourself 20 points.

Education Points
Master's or PhD AND at least 17 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 25
Two or more university degrees at the Bachelor's level AND at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 22
A three-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 22
A university degree of two years or more at the Bachelor's level, AND at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 20
A two-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 20
A one-year university degree at the Bachelor's level AND at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 15
A one-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 15
A one year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 12 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 12
Secondary school (also called high school) 5