+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent advice required!! CIC requesting a pcc when I had already submitted one

JenniferAjith

Mar 28, 2018
My husband and I are residing in Singapore and have submitted our PR application with all the required documents on 21-Mar-2018. On 27-Mar-2018 we have a mail from CIC requesting for an updated original police clearance with only my name mentioned in it.The police clearance certificated we submitted were 75 days old ( dated 14-Jan-2018) and was received this certificate using our previous ITA which we had to decline due to some reasons

I am confused about where it went wrong and how to go about this?

Please advice!!

The following is the message received from CIC:

We are continuing to review your application for admission to Canada. We require an updated original
Certificate of Clearance for members of your family who are 18 years of age or older. According to our
record we will need certificate(s) for the following individual(s):
1) "My name"
IMPORTANT: Please note that a Statutory Declaration of no criminal conviction is not acceptable as
evidence that you do not have criminal convictions. In order to obtain a Certificate of Clearance, please
refer to the following website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/policecertificates/how/singapore.html

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
My husband and I are residing in Singapore and have submitted our PR application with all the required documents on 21-Mar-2018. On 27-Mar-2018 we have a mail from CIC requesting for an updated original police clearance with only my name mentioned in it.The police clearance certificated we submitted were 75 days old ( dated 14-Jan-2018) and was received this certificate using our previous ITA which we had to decline due to some reasons

I am confused about where it went wrong and how to go about this?

Please advice!!

The following is the message received from CIC:

We are continuing to review your application for admission to Canada. We require an updated original
Certificate of Clearance for members of your family who are 18 years of age or older. According to our
record we will need certificate(s) for the following individual(s):
1) "My name"
IMPORTANT: Please note that a Statutory Declaration of no criminal conviction is not acceptable as
evidence that you do not have criminal convictions. In order to obtain a Certificate of Clearance, please
refer to the following website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/policecertificates/how/singapore.html
Did you get your COC from SPF? Mine is not a Statutory Declaration as mentioned by CIC. The wordings of my COC goes like this:

CERTIFICATE OF CLEARANCE
This is to certify that <name>, <FIN> (whose photograph is affixed) has no criminal record with this Department in Singapore from <start date> to <end date>. This certificate is issued only for the holder for use in Canada.

I am holding an S-Pass and the date of my COC includes my stay as visitor in SG.

JenniferAjith

Mar 28, 2018
Hi, Thank you for the reply.

Yes, we got our COC from SPF and the wordings are exactly the same as yours.

when did you apply for COC? Was it with your ITA or with some other request letter that CIC issued after submitting your PR application?

Can you advice on what to do as a response to this?

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Hi, Thank you for the reply.

Yes, we got our COC from SPF and the wordings are exactly the same as yours.

when did you apply for COC? Was it with your ITA or with some other request letter that CIC issued after submitting your PR application?

Can you advice on what to do as a response to this?
In Aug, fingerprinting in Sept. I guess you have to upload it again and explain that you had previously uploaded it.

Did you also upload your husband’s COC?

JenniferAjith

Mar 28, 2018
Yes, we had uploaded his COC as well which was exactly same as mine

What I was asking earlier was how did you get your COC before applying for PR or after with a request letter from CIC?

I'm asking this because I find in few places that Singapore COC should be obtained only after getting a notification from CIC and not just with ITA. Just confused if we had gone wrong here!?

Sengkang

Star Member
May 16, 2018
hi @JenniferAjith i am in the same situation as yours.

Can you please advise what is your status now?

I am the principal applicant.
My spouse and I got our SG PCC at the same time. However, CIC only requested for my spouse to re-submit PCC.
Our PCC is exactly 1 month old when we submitted to CIC online.

Our PCC includes the time when we arrived in SG as visitor as well.

JenniferAjith

Mar 28, 2018
hi @JenniferAjith i am in the same situation as yours.

Can you please advise what is your status now?

I am the principal applicant.
My spouse and I got our SG PCC at the same time. However, CIC only requested for my spouse to re-submit PCC.
Our PCC is exactly 1 month old when we submitted to CIC online.

Our PCC includes the time when we arrived in SG as visitor as well.
We just applied for a new PCC and submitted it as requested. We did not get any further requests from them after submission. So hope that should be enough.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
We just applied for a new PCC and submitted it as requested. We did not get any further requests from them after submission. So hope that should be enough.
Hey when you submitted the first PCC - Did you submit the same after AOR or before only? I think CIC expects people would need a letter from them for getting PCC issued and that’s why this happens? While Singapore does issue PCC based on ITA nowadays.

Sengkang

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hey when you submitted the first PCC - Did you submit the same after AOR or before only? I think CIC expects people would need a letter from them for getting PCC issued and that’s why this happens? While Singapore does issue PCC based on ITA nowadays.
Below is our timeline for SG Police Clearance. As you can see here, even tho we don't have yet CIC nomination we have kick started our PCC application. Our appeal both got approved and we scheduled for fingerprint appointment 2 days after CIC nomination.

May 20, 2018 - SG Police Clearance Appeal
May 22, 2018 - SG Police Clearance Approved
May 23, 2018 - CIC Nomination
May 25, 2018 - SG Police Clearance Fingerprint Appointment

Spouse and I was able to get our SG PCC on the 25th of May.
However, CIC requested only for my spouse to re-submit SG PCC.