+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent advice requested for PR renewal

jamshad

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Requesting to all for helping advice specially the experienced members
I m in real trouble PR got expired in 2010. Applied for PR renewal for all family members in 2014 but still showing under process in exams. CIC has asked for further documents.i don't have for hope for Pr soon.
My problem now is This month my first child turned 18 and wanted to go Canada for university study.
Pl advise what option i should follow,should I surrender my Pr and apply for visit visa and let me child apply separately for Pr since now my child is nort minor or Should we try to enter from USA and tell at Border that our Pr is under process and showing them print out of status " under process ". Or should I wait for CIC response. Pl recommend some good lawyer if someone know any. Appreciate ur prompt advice which option is better. I will be thankful for ur help

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The least risk to your PR would be to enter from the US and if you get reported, have your 18 yo. child appeal separately listing "removed as a minor" as the reason they could not meet the RO.

If you don't get reported, you can stay for 2 years and then apply to renew your PR cards when you meet the RO again.

Alternatively your 18 yo. can apply for a PR travel document from your home country, alone, stating removed as a minor again as a reason why they did not meet the RO and saying that they are now ready to settle in Canada. If granted, your 18 yo. can go to Canada, apply to renew PR card and enroll in college but should ideally stay for 2 years straight right away to get back in good standing with the RO.

jamshad

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Thanks Leon
For my child to apply for TD, should I take my renewal application and my child application back or no need?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamshad said:
Thanks Leon
For my child to apply for TD, should I take my renewal application and my child application back or no need?
I don't think there is any need to take it back but if you don't meet the RO and if you don't have H&C grounds why you don't, it's not like this application is going anywhere anyway.