+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Advice Needed

futurecitizen

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Hi All,

We sponsored our parents in 2015 for Immigration under Family Class. When we sponsored our parents we were PR and after that we became citizens. I thought I have updated CIC about my status but I was wrong I forgot to update my status from PR to citizen. Now my parents have got Immigrant Visa and COPR for Canada and they will be landing in next 2 months and the status in their application says 'Decision Made'. Is it advisable to update CIC now about my Citizenship Status after that they got Visa and COPR or should I leave it like. If we update our status are they going to ask any question or they will just update file. If you experts advise to update CIC about my Citizenship status should I just send my passport copy and should I just email them or send them via courier.

Also, I had one more question we are going to move soon so how should I update address shall I just go to address change form on CIC website and update my address or I need to attach proof of my new address.

Hope to hear from anybody soon.

Regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The fact your status has changed from PR to citizen isn't material to your parents' PR application. There is no need to notify CIC.

futurecitizen

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Thankyou Scylla

Anybody else wants to share their thoughts on my query.

Also, if somebody can please answer my address change query it will be greatly appreciated.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
futurecitizen said:
Thankyou Scylla

Anybody else wants to share their thoughts on my query.

Also, if somebody can please answer my address change query it will be greatly appreciated.
no other response is necessary. your parent's application is their application, so YOUR status or address are not relavant. there's no need to contact CIC about either.

futurecitizen

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Thank you but if I don't change my address and at the time of landing if they don't give address then pr card will come to our old address or at the time of landing they can give them new adddress

What is the best possible scenario

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
futurecitizen said:
Thank you but if I don't change my address and at the time of landing if they don't give address then pr card will come to our old address or at the time of landing they can give them new adddress

What is the best possible scenario
You are the sponsor, not the applicant; your address has nothing to do with it. They will be asked for an address when landing.

futurecitizen

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Thank you for the reply. If the immigration office does not ask for the address from them then the card will be sent to my address (since i'm the sponsor) or they have to ask the address from the applicant. If they dont ask for the address can my parents give them the address for the pr card.

thank you