+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent - advice needed (Seniors please help)

malcolmm

Apr 18, 2009
My fiance and I applied for study permit(fiance) and accompanying open work permit(me) in January this year for a course start date in May.
We were told in May that we would have to extend the application and that I would have to reapply for a visitors visa instead as we could not prove common-law status.
We complied with this and reapplied for study permit(fiance) and visitors visa(me) with the new course start date of September 14.

My fiances study permit was recently granted but my visitors visa was denied today, the checkbox on the form says the reason is "your current employment situation".
The person at my company (CEO) who they spoke to made it clear that I had not left my job, had not been replaced and would be returning to my job at the end of the period of leave which I had been granted for this, so I am not sure on what they based this decision, I don't really understand how my employment situation could possibly be any better.
This decision seems like utter nonsense is there some way I can challenge it?

It is important that I accompany my fiance for several reasons and she basically will not go if I don't accompany her, which will be devastating to our future.
What are my options from here, is there anything further I can do to be able to accompany her?
If I were to marry her at this point would this open any other options up to us, would I be able to accompany her on her study permit as her spouse or would I still need to apply again?

sasha18

Jun 13, 2009
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30Oct2016
Nomination.....
05may2016
AOR Received.
30dec2016
Re: urgent - advice needed

Get a letter from your employement stating you are going on leave make sure they state that i dont know what they said to them over the phone fax it ti them asked them to reconsider your application form

malcolmm

Apr 18, 2009

If I reapply with proof that I have been given partnership in the company I work for would this be likely to sway the decision in my favour?
Please I need some help from the experienced people here.

sasha18

Jun 13, 2009
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30Oct2016
Nomination.....
05may2016
AOR Received.
30dec2016
Offcourse why not ' you wont know till you try !!! I know what i am talking about even though you dont trust my opinion

malcolmm

Apr 18, 2009
Sorry I don't mean to offend, it is not that I don't trust your opinion but rather that I would like the opinion of some of the other experienced contributors here as well, they might be able to offer a different angle on things and I would not like to rush into a reapplication on this unprepared.
A partnership is quite a big thing to enter into as well and I don't want to do so just to see what will happen, though I know there is no guarantee ever I certainly don't want to do it if it is unlikely to make any difference at all, if people think it has a good chance of making a difference however then it is something I am willing to try but I want to first have some kind of indication on this.

Again I hope you don't misunderstand, it is not that I don't trust/value your opinion but rather that I would appreciate some other opinions as well especially from people that might have been in a similar situation.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005

Hi

malcolmm said:
If I reapply with proof that I have been given partnership in the company I work for would this be likely to sway the decision in my favour?
Please I need some help from the experienced people here.
As a new partner, CIC is going to wonder, how the company can realize for such a period of time, if the just made you partner? I don't think it will work for a TRV.

PMM

malcolmm

Apr 18, 2009
Okay thanks.
Can you suggest anything else that would be likely to help my reapplication, or should I just give up att his point?
Any answers regarding my marriage questions in the original post?