+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Advice Needed- International Student - Grade 11 - Age 17 - Saskaatchewan.

balongskija

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
N/a
AOR Received.
13-03-2018
Med's Request
27-06-2018
Med's Done....
08-07-2018
LANDED..........
24-05-2019
Hi everyone,

I opened this topic for a person I know, who is under the description above. Question is, indeed she is a minor but turning 18 March 04 of next yr. Her issue is, she is under a custodianship so she lives with them right now obviously,because she was 16 when she applied for her study permit. Now, she wanted to move out so bad because her custodian is charging her for rent that is brutal and other stuff like turning off the water heater if she goes to shower, scheduled laundry days and time those kind of stuff. So because of desperation of moving out, she found a cheaper place where she thinks shes comfortobly be able to live in.

Questions are - the custodian is what under CIC's record, is there any way to cancel that? Or honestly I dont know how would I formulate the question. Because according to the CIC website, age of below 17 needs custodians, and 17 or older doesnt need it anymore, yet 17 or older is still under the discression of the officer. What we thought of doing is actualy to let her parents make a letter stating that they wanted to cancel the custodianship under that person and have it notarized. Would that work though? Or is it something that needs to be called in to CIC for update? Because I believe its no longer necessary to fill out the same form of custodianship like they did before because that is only for new application of study permit. Ofcourse her case is she has her study permit already. I hope someone could help me out on this. Please and thank you soo much.