+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent---Advice needed in regards to BIOMETRICS for PR application

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
I applied for my PR through my lawyer. My lawyer submitted my application(paper application) on the 29th of June. I receive an official letter (BIOMETRIC INSTRUCTION LETTER) via my lawyer from IRCC today (10th of Sept, 2020). The letter requested for me to do my BIOMETRIC at any service Canada location.

Fortunately, the Service Canada in the area is open to the public. However, they do not process biometric. I went there in person and their employee confirms this information with me. On the IRCC website, the Service Canada in my area is NOT on the list of SERVICE CANADA that does biometrics.

The area I live in is a rural area and there is no much immigrant here. I am guessing that might explain why they do NOT have the biometric facility in my area at Service Canada.( IT IS MY ASSUMPTION. I am not sure)).

I was told by Service Canada in my area that if I wish to proceed with my biometrics, I will have to travel to a bigger city where Service Canada does biometric.

The bigger city that does biometric close to my area is very far. it is about 4 hrs drive. I do not drive and considering pandemic, which makes travel difficult via public transport as public transport is almost non-existent in my area that travels to bigger cities.
Lastly, I was told Service Canada all across Canada is not open to the public for biometrics until further notice. here is the link--->https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp

By the time Service Canada resume service to the public all across all provinces, I will like to know exactly what I can do to overcome this challenge. I am considering doing my biometric at the police station in my area. I think they do biometric but I am not 100% sure if it for immigration purposes.
The problem here is that IRCC did NOT state in the letter sent to me that the biometric can be done at the police station.

My question to you will be, what will you do if you were in my position?

I just want to ensure that the issue of biometric does not slow down the progress of my application and also, I know what to do to get my biometrics.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you

Kasingxx

Sep 9, 2020
You can't do the biometric at the police station. IRCC and RCMP are two different systems.
You should call IRCC and tell them the situation. You may try to ask for exemption.

Reactions: bella12

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
You can't do the biometric at the police station. IRCC and RCMP are two different systems.
You should call IRCC and tell them the situation. You may try to ask for an exemption.

That sounds like a good idea. I will do that tomorrow. thanks for the advice.

BritPRgirl1

Sep 11, 2020
Service Canada have begun contacting inland PR applicants to schedule appointments to give in-person biometrics. This hasn't been announced online anywhere, it's a new update on the automated message when you call IRCC.

They are doing this in order of the date the PR application was received (so, oldest first) which seems like the fairest and safest way for them to do it.

The message says IRCC cannot answer any questions about this, and you must NOT turn up to Service Canada without a scheduled biometrics appointment.

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Service Canada have begun contacting inland PR applicants to schedule appointments to give in-person biometrics. This hasn't been announced online anywhere, it's a new update on the automated message when you call IRCC.

They are doing this in order of the date the PR application was received (so, oldest first) which seems like the fairest and safest way for them to do it.

The message says IRCC cannot answer any questions about this, and you must NOT turn up to Service Canada without a scheduled biometrics appointment.

you are right ! However, the website has not been updated with this information. I contacted service Canada a few mins ago. they don't me biometric is paued until further notice.

To be honest, the information relating to biometric is conflicting . IRCC needs to update their website on this matter.

BritPRgirl1

Sep 11, 2020
you are right ! However, the website has not been updated with this information. I contacted service Canada a few mins ago. they don't me biometric is paued until further notice.

To be honest, the information relating to biometric is conflicting . IRCC needs to update their website on this matter.
I'm sure they will update it when they're ready, but as we know, whenever they post an update or change they get totally inundated with phonecalls/webforms/social media posts from people who can't follow simple instructions. They're probably buying themselves a few extra days and getting things in order before posting this.