+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent advice needed - Employment Reference Letters

gseek

Jun 11, 2008
Hi

I am putting together my application, and need some urgent advice on a few issues:

1. CIC requested Reference Letters for the past 10 years. I am applying on the basis of my previous 5+ years' experience (which is one of the "38"). Prior to that, the work experience is not on the 38 list, therefore not relevant to my appliation. But do I still need to obtain reference letters for those years.

2. One of my previous employers in the UK has said that it is their policy not to put stamps on the reference letter as it was already issued on official letterhead, and the person signing does not have a busienss card. Will this letter be rejected by CHC?

Many thanks for any help!

gseek

Jun 11, 2008
Many thanks, rupeshhari,

The request from CHC London I received on 22 Dec 08 states:

4. Work Experience Documents

Submit employment letters, contract, pay-slips and job descriptions endorsed by your employer's personnel department covering the period 10 years prior to your application date until today.

That is the only paragraph on the letter relating to work reference letters.

With regards to point (2), thanks for your advice. I am including my work contract, pay slips (with tax information) so hopefully they willl be happy.

Many thanks!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
what to do if I do not have the pay-slips? I left that job 7 months ago & I was paid in cash. Please do advise.

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
Suin said:
what to do if I do not have the pay-slips? I left that job 7 months ago & I was paid in cash. Please do advise.
- Collect all the relevant documents of your job and experiences. For the missing documents/ pay stubs, letters write a letter explaining the causes and sign it and attach it with other documents. Make sure that you clarify everything in details in the letter.

Santosh2000

Star Member
Dec 13, 2008
gseek said:
Many thanks, rupeshhari,

The request from CHC London I received on 22 Dec 08 states:

4. Work Experience Documents

Submit employment letters, contract, pay-slips and job descriptions endorsed by your employer's personnel department covering the period 10 years prior to your application date until today.

That is the only paragraph on the letter relating to work reference letters.

With regards to point (2), thanks for your advice. I am including my work contract, pay slips (with tax information) so hopefully they willl be happy.

Many thanks!
Hi,

(I may be wrong here) You dont need to show all the 10 years' experience proof/ reference letter(s) etc.

The details/documents sought w.r.t. your experience are to be covering a period covering 10 years prior to ur application.

The total documentation/ proofs (from the employers in this period of 10 years) they need is not more than 4-5 years.

Best wishes!!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
please do advise what is business card like? I am a bit confused

bailavida

Jan 9, 2009
gseek said:
Hi

I am putting together my application, and need some urgent advice on a few issues:

1. CIC requested Reference Letters for the past 10 years. I am applying on the basis of my previous 5+ years' experience (which is one of the "38"). Prior to that, the work experience is not on the 38 list, therefore not relevant to my appliation. But do I still need to obtain reference letters for those years.

2. One of my previous employers in the UK has said that it is their policy not to put stamps on the reference letter as it was already issued on official letterhead, and the person signing does not have a busienss card. Will this letter be rejected by CHC?

Many thanks for any help!
In my experience, you better disclose in your application all your work/activities for the period requested, whether it is relevant or not, specially if you're applying under skilled category. We got our PR through the help of an agency and they advised us to do so. We received our PR visa in less than 2 years from date of application, and skipped the language test and interview. About your question on what a business card is, in some countries it is also called as "calling card" . I suggest you add in a paystub (in case you still have any) or any official document you got from there before and will be able to get from that UK company to support your claim. For me, it's better not to leave any chance of doubt from CIC on your character, competency and on what you did during the "gap" years you didn't disclose. Who knows, you might get a "fast-forward" too... good luck!

rizcom123

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suin said:
please do advise what is business card like? I am a bit confused

I think the business card means a "name card" which shows Company Name, Post Held, Contact details etc..

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
rizcom123 said:
I think the business card means a "name card" which shows Company Name, Post Held, Contact details etc..
as I understand now - a business card is that card that is usually given by a person to another so as the second could contact him (or keep him in mind)? am I correct?

rizcom123

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suin said:
rizcom123 said:
as I understand now - a business card is that card that is usually given by a person to another so as the second could contact him (or keep him in mind)? am I correct?
Yes, That's right