+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - Addition of Spouse in Express Entry after Submission Stage

dilip856

Jun 13, 2017
IMM 0008 and IMM 5406: Lots of confusion in this. Most of the people I've talked to submitted two copies to be on the safe side. One for Principal Applicant and another for spouse/clp

IMM 5562E and IMM 5669 is to be filled by your spouse/clp.

For the questionnaire, I answered them in text only. The request letter asked for picture in an earlier section.
Thanks for your response. It's been very helpful. I'm also on the same boat, got married after I applied for PR. I reside in Canada and my spouse in India. CIC notified me the above list of documents required and also mentioned medical check up needs to be done. Can you please let me know the list of documents needed for medical check for a dependent person in India. Apart from her passport does she need any other documents such as IME?

rahilshah30

Oct 20, 2016
Thank you for informing us of your change in marital status. If your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) is a Canadian citizen or if they have obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you are required to send us a proof of their status (birth certificate, Permanent Resident Card, etc.). If your spouse or CLP is NOT a Canadian citizen or has NOT obtained Permanent Residence status in Canada, you will need to complete each of the following steps in order to have them added to your existing application and examined for compliance with admissibility requirements (medical, criminality and security). Unless otherwise stated, the following is mandatory, whether or not your spouse or CLP decides to accompany you to Canada.

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP
If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $550 and a RPRF of $490 must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online:  Go to our Online Payment webpage.
Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.
www.cic.gc.ca

Hello Mohsinis, I got the same request document as you pasted here. I have some doubt and appreciate any help I can get. First history, I received ITA in December-2016 and Submitted Application in March-2017. I got married in April-2017 and updated CIC through web query about change in marital status. In end of June-2017 there was and update in my application in which they have sent the same above message.

My doubts are :
1. Please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email, totaling less than 5 MB -> Do I have to combine all documents and photographs within this size limitation and send everything in one consolidated email, or I can send more than one email. Reason I am asking is because, there are so many documents which also contains marriage pictures and It is really difficult to reduce total size to 5MB.
2. On my online application, I can see a message in status that says "Your action required" and in submitted application I see a new field that says "Replcement Needed" and in documents needed it says "Kit, Application Forms" . Exactly what you need to submit here, Only forms ? or Forms and required scanned documents (passport of spouse, marriage certificate) or everything they have asked in the document.

Please help me with any information you have.
Thanks in advance.

esos4real

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
Hello Mohsinis, I got the same request document as you pasted here. I have some doubt and appreciate any help I can get. First history, I received ITA in December-2016 and Submitted Application in March-2017. I got married in April-2017 and updated CIC through web query about change in marital status. In end of June-2017 there was and update in my application in which they have sent the same above message.

My doubts are :
1. Please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email, totaling less than 5 MB -> Do I have to combine all documents and photographs within this size limitation and send everything in one consolidated email, or I can send more than one email. Reason I am asking is because, there are so many documents which also contains marriage pictures and It is really difficult to reduce total size to 5MB.
2. On my online application, I can see a message in status that says "Your action required" and in submitted application I see a new field that says "Replcement Needed" and in documents needed it says "Kit, Application Forms" . Exactly what you need to submit here, Only forms ? or Forms and required scanned documents (passport of spouse, marriage certificate) or everything they have asked in the document.

Thanks in advance.
Hey bro, i am interested in knowing ur timeline because mine is similar to urs!

I got AOR in march 2 and added spouse in April. Well I am in IP2 now but am processed at London VO which is extremely slow. Bow did you handle your spouse document and applications? Hope no issues so far?

Champ.90

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
Urgent help my friends !!

Please help !

I just got mail from CIC to providing some documents.
1: $490 feels for my spouse
2: marriage pics nad honeymoon pics
3: proof that you're living together and provide bank statement,insurance policy or light bills ect.

I have my marriage pics and all stuffs with me but I don't have any joint bank statement or joint insurance policy bcz I went back home for short periods of time only. Can you guys please suggest me which other documents I can send them to avoide any future query ?

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
Urgent help my friends !!

Please help !

I just got mail from CIC to providing some documents.
1: $490 feels for my spouse
2: marriage pics nad honeymoon pics
3: proof that you're living together and provide bank statement,insurance policy or light bills ect.

I have my marriage pics and all stuffs with me but I don't have any joint bank statement or joint insurance policy bcz I went back home for short periods of time only. Can you guys please suggest me which other documents I can send them to avoide any future query ?

It depends on where you are from. Further questions are contingent on the culture of your nationality. If you are from Indian or Pakistan, expect further questions. If you are from the West where people marry in a court house and get divorced all in the same month, lol then No, that is just the culture generally in the West. imho

Champ.90

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
It depends on where you are from. Further questions are contingent on the culture of your nationality. If you are from Indian or Pakistan, expect further questions. If you are from the West where people marry in a court house and get divorced all in the same month, lol then No, that is just the culture generally in the West. imho
Well I'm from India and I have all stuff except joint bank account and insurance policy. It's only bcz I want to India for 10 days only. I have legally marriage documents,marriage pics and honeymoon pics. Do you think it's enough ?

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
Well I'm from India and I have all stuff except joint bank account and insurance policy. It's only bcz I want to India for 10 days only. I have legally marriage documents,marriage pics and honeymoon pics. Do you think it's enough ?
Sure, you can only give what you can give. CIC cannot determine if you love the person or not. They can only try to determine if the marriage is legitimate and it is. Who cares if you got married THE NEXT DAY after a ppr, CIC can only ask for evidence in the context of the time. So just give them what you have and don't stress. Oh also include your contact number in the event they want to speak with you. Make it easy for CIC to see that you are very open and available for further questions.

shra23

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 19th 2016
AOR Received.
March 02 2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Mine took 2-3 days for them for the officer to contact. I got an email update saying there is a new message in mycic account. I suggest you login cic and check for any changes.

How many days varies a lot. Many people got only 7 days even though they requested for more days. Others got 30 days extension as well.

In my email when I notified the officer. I bolded and highlighted the requested 30 days extension and the officer did give me 30 days extension.
can you please let me know how much time it took after you submitted your spouse documents in your cic account to get a passport request for both?. i am in the same situation i got married while my file is in process and i received a passport request but i informed cic that i am married and they re opened my file and sent me a application kit to submit.

Apr 26, 2018
Thanks for your response. It's been very helpful. I'm also on the same boat, got married after I applied for PR. I reside in Canada and my spouse in India. CIC notified me the above list of documents required and also mentioned medical check up needs to be done. Can you please let me know the list of documents needed for medical check for a dependent person in India. Apart from her passport does she need any other documents such as IME?
Hi Dilip, can you please clarify, which forms did you submit to get the approval, thanks in advance.

Apr 26, 2018

My doubts are :

Thanks in advance.
Hi Rahil, what did you do, I am in the same situation need your guidance, on 2 aspects: 1: Do I need to fill different copies of forms for self and wife and how to upload the forms and docs, as single pdf in the bucket?Please help.

Apr 26, 2018
3. Forms
 Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669
 Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP
 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union
Hi mohsinis please help in clarifying the no of forms to be filled by applicant and spouse.

Apr 26, 2018
Hi

I submitted my PR application under FSW on Dec 3 2016 and got AOR on Dec 4, 2016.

My marital status changed in Feb 2017 and updated CIC about the change via Case Specific Query in March. CIC responded last night and asked for the additional documents mentioned above. I have confusion with some of the requirements. Would request seniors to please help and advise.

Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP - Will there be two separate forms one for my wife and one for me. I am confused because form will contain same information if we fill two. It will information about me as candidate in form one and as spouse in the second form where my wife becomes the candidate. However, information remains the same?
 Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP - Again two separate forms?
 A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669
 Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP - Two separate forms?
 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union

Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached). Here do we just need to answer the questions in a text or provide picture or supporting evidences.
Hi Shah1989, kindly guide me with the answers to the question asked, which forms to be filled by applicant and spouse.

akhilk111

Nov 7, 2018
I need some guidance regarding to adding spouse to my application. I got ITA through CEC / EE on 23rd December 2016. In response to the ITA I received I submitted my application on 17th March 2017. Right now on status I see medical exam passed. Now I got married on 16th April 2017 and Today on 17th April 2017, registered marriage and will receive certificate next week. I was checking online and also through this thread, found that I can use IRCC web form (Not allowed to post link!!!) . to notify IRCC about status change (Never Married to Married). My question is what do I need at the time of going through the above IRCC web form? I have applied for marriage certificate which I will receive within one week. My wife has already given IELTS and we have results. Also ECA for her degree is under process which should come in next few days.
We need to get PCC from India which will take 10 days.
Hi.Did you get any reply from cic?

akhilk111

Nov 7, 2018
Hey bro, i am interested in knowing ur timeline because mine is similar to urs!

I got AOR in march 2 and added spouse in April. Well I am in IP2 now but am processed at London VO which is extremely slow. Bow did you handle your spouse document and applications? Hope no issues so far?
Hi.What's your status now?Did you get PPR request?