URGENT - Addition of Spouse in Express Entry after Submission Stage

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hypermilantix said:
thnx a lot :)...Please if you come across any post/material relevant to my situation, please share with me.

Regards,
He is right.

For me I've notified CIC via CSE 2.5 weeks ago of my recent marriage. 10 days ago they've told me that they've forwarded my info to the responsible office and that they'd contact me if they require further info. Haven't heard back yet. Will update when I do.

COPR expiring end of month so they gotta hurry up!

ashishapar007

Jul 25, 2015
Can anyone post the exact document and forms IRCC asked after updating about marital status. Also, please mention whether you sent the request through CSE or emailed to CPC ottawa.

Thank you.

mohsinis

Feb 3, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ontario
ashishapar007 said:
Can anyone post the exact document and forms IRCC asked after updating about marital status. Also, please mention whether you sent the request through CSE or emailed to CPC ottawa.

Thank you.

Thank you for informing us of your change in marital status. If your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) is a Canadian citizen or if they have obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you are required to send us a proof of their status (birth certificate, Permanent Resident Card, etc.). If your spouse or CLP is NOT a Canadian citizen or has NOT obtained Permanent Residence status in Canada, you will need to complete each of the following steps in order to have them added to your existing application and examined for compliance with admissibility requirements (medical, criminality and security). Unless otherwise stated, the following is mandatory, whether or not your spouse or CLP decides to accompany you to Canada.

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP
If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $550 and a RPRF of $490 must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online:  Go to our Online Payment webpage.
Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.

2. A recent photograph of your spouse or CLP
The photograph must be taken accordingly to our specifications.

3. Forms
 Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669
 Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP
 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union

4. Documents

 Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate
 Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport
 If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate
 If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate

5. Police certificate

We require a scanned copy of a police certificate for all countries where your spouse or CLP has lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18 years. Please ensure that they have obtained these certificates after their stay in these countries.
6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached).

7. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:

- Relationship photos (Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max)
- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement, drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max)

8. Medical certificate

Your spouse or CLP and their dependent children, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada, will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.
If you have already completed the Immigration medical examination, please provide proof of completion.

Please note:

Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.

Please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email, totaling less than 5 MB.

If we do not receive the information/documents within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete.
Please note that documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators. Please provide original documents when requested. Copies signed by notaries cannot be accepted.

INCLUSION OF A SPOUSE/COMMON-LAW PARTNER ON AN ECONOMIC CLASS APPLICATION
>> QUESTIONS FOR THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT <<

Provide a complete and precise response to each question in your own words. Failure to provide the information requested below will delay processing and could result in a refusal of your application.
Make sure you have indicated your name, application number, the questionnaire title and the number or letter of the question you are answering.
Please answer the following questions on a separate page and include the question number with your answer.
DEVELOPMENT OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP
1. Describe the development of your relationship, including the following details:
a. First contact with your spouse/common-law partner (i.e., when and where)
b. Provide timeline of dates, photos, and documentation of events in which you both participated in, such as trips and outings.
c. Have you visited each other during your relationship? (i.e., when and where)
d. How do you communicate when not together? (e.g., phone, email, online chats)
e. Please provide dates of cohabitation, if applicable.
2. Was your relationship known to your close friends and family members? Yes/No
If in common-law relationship skip to question #8
3. Was your marriage arranged? Please provide details on who arranged the marriage and when it was arranged.
4. Was there a formal ceremony to recognize/celebrate the engagement? Please provide details such as when, where, and who attended.
5. Was there a formal ceremony to recognize/celebrate the marriage? Please provide details such as when, where, who attended, and the religion in which the marriage was performed, if applicable.
6. Provide information regarding your religious beliefs.
7. Was there a reception? If so please provide details such as when, where, and who attended.
8. Did you have a honeymoon (a holiday or trip taken by you and your spouse after the marriage)? Provide details such as when and where.
9. If in a common-law relationship, was there a commitment ceremony? Please provide details such as when, where, and who attended.
Applicant Signature: ___________________________________ Date: __________________________

INCLUSION OF A SPOUSE/COMMON-LAW PARTNER ON AN ECONOMIC CLASS APPLICATION
>> QUESTIONS FOR THE SPOUSE/COMMON-LAW PARTNER (CLP) <<

Provide a complete and precise response to each question in your own words. Failure to provide the information requested below will delay processing and could result in a refusal of your application.
Make sure you have indicated your name, application number, the questionnaire title and the number or letter of the question you are answering.
Please answer the following questions on a separate page and include the question number with your answer.
DEVELOPMENT OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP
1. Describe the development of your relationship, including the following details:
a. First contact with your spouse/CLP (i.e., when and where)
b. Provide timeline of dates, photos, and documentation of events in which you both participated in, such as trips and outings.
c. Have you visited each other during your relationship? (i.e., when and where)
d. What language is used when you communicate with your spouse/CLP and how often?
e. Please provide dates of cohabitation, if applicable.
2. Was your relationship known to your close friends and family members? Yes/No
3. Do you receive financial support from your spouse? If so, how much and how often.
4. Do you have any children? If so, please provide their names and dates of birth.
If in common-law relationship skip to question #8
5. Was your marriage arranged? Please provide details on who arranged the marriage and when it was arranged.
6. Was there a formal ceremony to recognize/celebrate the engagement? Please provide details such as when, where, and who attended.
7. Was there a formal ceremony to recognize/celebrate the marriage? Please provide details such as when, where, who attended, and the religion in which the marriage was performed, if applicable.
8. Provide information regarding your religious beliefs.
9. Was there a reception? If so please provide details such as when, where, and who attended.
10. Did you have a honeymoon (a holiday or trip taken by you and your spouse after the marriage)? Provide details such as when and where.
11. If in a common-law relationship, was there a commitment ceremony? Please provide details such as when, where, and who attended.
Spouse/CLP Signature: _________________________________ Date: ________________________

INTERPRETER DECLARATION This section must be fully completed if an interpreter assisted you in the preparation of this questionnaire.
I, , solemnly declare that I have faithfully and accurately interpreted in the language the content of this application and any related questionnaires/forms to the persons concerned.
I have been informed by the person concerned, and I do verily believe, that he/she completely understands the nature and effect of these questionnaires/forms, and I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing it to be true and knowing that it is of the same force and effect as if made under oath.
Interpreter signature: Date: _________________________

For more information on permanent residence in Canada, please visit our website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp.
Thank you again for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Regards,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

shah1989

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Hi

I submitted my PR application under FSW on Dec 3 2016 and got AOR on Dec 4, 2016.

My marital status changed in Feb 2017 and updated CIC about the change via Case Specific Query in March. CIC responded last night and asked for the additional documents mentioned above. I have confusion with some of the requirements. Would request seniors to please help and advise.

Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP - Will there be two separate forms one for my wife and one for me. I am confused because form will contain same information if we fill two. It will information about me as candidate in form one and as spouse in the second form where my wife becomes the candidate. However, information remains the same?
 Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP - Again two separate forms?
 A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669
 Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP - Two separate forms?
 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union

Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached). Here do we just need to answer the questions in a text or provide picture or supporting evidences.

riteshome1080

Apr 11, 2017
hi there

i have the same case as yours. i submitter CSE to notify them about change in my marital status. get email form IRCC stating that " they verified my information and forwarded to the responsible office , officer will contact you if they need more information".

my question is after this email in how many days officer may contact me for additional information ?
and how many days they will give to submit documents after they request to submit it ?

thank you in advance

al1

Mar 23, 2017
shah1989 said:
Hi

I submitted my PR application under FSW on Dec 3 2016 and got AOR on Dec 4, 2016.

My marital status changed in Feb 2017 and updated CIC about the change via Case Specific Query in March. CIC responded last night and asked for the additional documents mentioned above. I have confusion with some of the requirements. Would request seniors to please help and advise.

Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP - Will there be two separate forms one for my wife and one for me. I am confused because form will contain same information if we fill two. It will information about me as candidate in form one and as spouse in the second form where my wife becomes the candidate. However, information remains the same?
 Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP - Again two separate forms?
 Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP - Two separate forms?

Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached). Here do we just need to answer the questions in a text or provide picture or supporting evidences.
IMM 0008 and IMM 5406: Lots of confusion in this. Most of the people I've talked to submitted two copies to be on the safe side. One for Principal Applicant and another for spouse/clp

IMM 5562E and IMM 5669 is to be filled by your spouse/clp.

For the questionnaire, I answered them in text only. The request letter asked for picture in an earlier section.

al1

Mar 23, 2017
riteshome1080 said:
hi there

i have the same case as yours. i submitter CSE to notify them about change in my marital status. get email form IRCC stating that " they verified my information and forwarded to the responsible office , officer will contact you if they need more information".

my question is after this email in how many days officer may contact me for additional information ?
and how many days they will give to submit documents after they request to submit it ?

thank you in advance
Mine took 2-3 days for them for the officer to contact. I got an email update saying there is a new message in mycic account. I suggest you login cic and check for any changes.

How many days varies a lot. Many people got only 7 days even though they requested for more days. Others got 30 days extension as well.

In my email when I notified the officer. I bolded and highlighted the requested 30 days extension and the officer did give me 30 days extension.

riteshome1080

Apr 11, 2017
al1 said:
Mine took 2-3 days for them for the officer to contact. I got an email update saying there is a new message in mycic account. I suggest you login cic and check for any changes.

How many days varies a lot. Many people got only 7 days even though they requested for more days. Others got 30 days extension as well.

In my email when I notified the officer. I bolded and highlighted the requested 30 days extension and the officer did give me 30 days extension.
Thank you for your reply. I got email from IRCC since 7 days and still waiting to hear from officer. Checked my cic account everyday but noting yet... Hoping to hear somthing soon

rahilshah30

Oct 20, 2016
I need some guidance regarding to adding spouse to my application. I got ITA through CEC / EE on 23rd December 2016. In response to the ITA I received I submitted my application on 17th March 2017. Right now on status I see medical exam passed. Now I got married on 16th April 2017 and Today on 17th April 2017, registered marriage and will receive certificate next week. I was checking online and also through this thread, found that I can use IRCC web form (Not allowed to post link!!!) . to notify IRCC about status change (Never Married to Married). My question is what do I need at the time of going through the above IRCC web form? I have applied for marriage certificate which I will receive within one week. My wife has already given IELTS and we have results. Also ECA for her degree is under process which should come in next few days.
We need to get PCC from India which will take 10 days.

shah1989

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
After receiving documents for addition of my spouse to the PR application, IRCC replied promptly (6 days after submission) and asked to submit additional proofs:

Proof of communication before marriage (they mentioned Facebook, emails etc.)
Proof of wedding announcement and copies of wedding cards
Flight details and hotel reservations for our honeymoon trip

My question is that we had talked on facebook chat, but my wife's name is different from her full name on Passport. Will that be an issue? We have a good chat history and exchanged of pictures as well but her nick name on FB is different that what we have submitted in the application.

Secondly, what other proofs I can submit as proof of wedding announcement other than formal invitation cards. Should I sent few emails I sent to my office colleagues for wedding invitation and some whatsapp chat with friends for invitation. Would that suffice ? An y more ideas

Thanks

riteshome1080

Apr 11, 2017
al1 said:
IMM 0008 and IMM 5406: Lots of confusion in this. Most of the people I've talked to submitted two copies to be on the safe side. One for Principal Applicant and another for spouse/clp

IMM 5562E and IMM 5669 is to be filled by your spouse/clp.

For the questionnaire, I answered them in text only. The request letter asked for picture in an earlier section.
hi there

IN IMM 5562E on the top it says the principal applicant must fill this form. but CIC wants me to fill out this form for my spouse. does it mean do i have to write my spouse name in the name section ?? or do i have to write my name in that section and then give my spouse travel history in spouse section ??
cic only wants my spouse's travel info that mean i do not have to put my travel info in there right ?
please reply
thank you

esos4real

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
ronakpg said:
Hi everyone,

In continuation to my earlier post. This is to assist those who are going through a similar situation.
To brief you of my situation:

In chronological order -

EE Profile Submitted: 17th Feb 2016
Invitation Received: 25th Feb
Documents Submitted: 11th March
Got Married while the application is in process
Received passport Submission request: 07th September 2016

Mostly candidates get stuck as to how to proceed. All I can do is share my experience.

Kindly DO NOT submit your passport for visa stamping without informing CIC about your marriage (and wait for their reply). In case you do not inform CIC, and later they get to know about your marriage, they hold every right to deny PR visa to your spouse for lifetime for incorrect information. I am sure nobody would want that to happen.

So the correct way is to:

1. Inform the CIC about your marriage via the webform for Case Specific Inquiry. Mention your case to the point with proper details and dates.
2. CIC will ask you to submit the documents of your spouse in addition to the forms and fees via the EE profile and/ or Hard Copy.
3. In case, all documents are found legit, then they mail you to submit your passport along with passports of all the dependants.

In my case, after I submitted my spouse's documents and fees, I received the mail to submit My passport along with all the dependants on the 31st day (there is no avg. or standard timeline, depends on your application and the assessing officer)

Also , what I gather is that my spouse need not apply for any special work permit, and holds all the rights of a PR as much as I do.
I hope my post helps all the applicants who are stuck in this procedural loop.

Regards and Best of Luck !!
Hello bro I hope you are still here on this forum to advise me ;)

I am doing exactly as you did your application last year. I got AOR on March 2nd 2017 and then got married April 8th and the informed CIC via CSE and attached marriage certificate. They asked for only three things via EE profile (Her passport, fees and medicals).

Now my concern is that, all this while I had not passed medicals yet so I am wondering why the delay.
Also, I am wondering why they didn't ask other things like those forms, her PCC, marriage photos etc.

Please do you think I can act proactively and send these additionally documents via CSE maybe to speed up the process? or I will be delaying the whole process?

Thanks

CuriousIndian

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
India
Category........
AOR Received.
20-Jan-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
HELLO GUYS..
I GOT MY ITA IN DECEMBER AND I SUBMITTED MY FILE AS AN ONTARIO PROVINCE NOMINEE
FILE SUBMITTED - 20TH JAN 2016
GOT MARRIED - 12TH FEB2016 AND UPDATED CIC ABOUT MARRIAGE ON 14TH FEB 2016.
SPOUSE DOCUMENTS COURIERED TO NOVA SCOTIA -3RD MARCH..
MAIL RECIEVED FROM CIC :2ND JUNE - ASKING FOR SPOUSES PCC, PASSPORT, TRAVEL DETAILS, MARRIAGE CERT, ETC - I SUBMITTED THOSE ON THE SAME DAY..
I HAVE 3 QUESTIONS:
1. I HAD SENT ALL THE SPOUSE DOCS TO NOVA SCOTIA , THEN WHY IS CIC ASKING FOR FEW SIMILAR DOCS AGAIN ?
2. WE HAVE NOT PAID THE SPOUSES RPRF FEE, SO IF WE PAY NOW THEN HOW CAN WE UPDATE CIC ABOUT THE PAYMENT?
3.HOW SOON CAN WE EXPECT THE PASSPORT REQUEST ?

THANKS IN ADVANCE...