+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - Addition of Spouse in Express Entry after Submission Stage

dda

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Hello,

I submitted my file under Express Entry on Sept 1, 2015 and instantly received the AOR. I qualified on the basis of Inland CEC category. My Medical passed as well. On September 30th, I received a notification for submission of Schedule A & Police Criminal Check. I submitted the requested documents on October 28th, 2015. Now I got married on Nov 18th, 2015 and informed CIC by sending a change in status application, along with marriage certificate, marriage pictures, her background (educational documents, etc.). This letter was received by CIC (as tracked on Canada Post Mail Tracker) on December 4, 2015 at the Sydney, NS case center. I have still not heard anything from CIC on the status of my file. Please advise me regarding:

1.) What could be the processing time for a candidate like me?
2.) Does the processing time increases due to addition of new applicant (my wife). Although she has got her police clearance, upfront medical and immigration (PR & landing) fees already deposited.
3.) What is the timeline I should expect at this time?
4.) After how much time usually CIC opens up a slot on my profile to electronically add my wife's documents as well?

Where is this application? Details
Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents Provided
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
Final decision Not Started

Please guide me here as I am in desperate situation. My wife is in India and we are looking for someone to guide our next step. My work permit expires in Feb, 2016 as well.

Please advice.

Thanks.

Satsu

Sep 8, 2014
dda said:
Hello,

I submitted my file under Express Entry on Sept 1, 2015 and instantly received the AOR. I qualified on the basis of Inland CEC category. My Medical passed as well. On September 30th, I received a notification for submission of Schedule A & Police Criminal Check. I submitted the requested documents on October 28th, 2015. Now I got married on Nov 18th, 2015 and informed CIC by sending a change in status application, along with marriage certificate, marriage pictures, her background (educational documents, etc.). This letter was received by CIC (as tracked on Canada Post Mail Tracker) on December 4, 2015 at the Sydney, NS case center. I have still not heard anything from CIC on the status of my file. Please advise me regarding:

1.) What could be the processing time for a candidate like me?
The processing time might be extended slightly, but nevertheless, it's always better since you'll get you PR together
2.) Does the processing time increases due to addition of new applicant (my wife). Although she has got her police clearance, upfront medical and immigration (PR & landing) fees already deposited.
It depends on the officer who handles it, I got married after I got my PPR, so it just took an additional month to get wife added
3.) What is the timeline I should expect at this time?
Providing an exact timeline would be difficult, I would highly recommend sending the docs through electronic format as EE is all online and it would be easier for the officer to attach your emails to your case.. I received my GCMS notes which mentioned attaching each correspondence to my case file
4.) After how much time usually CIC opens up a slot on my profile to electronically add my wife's documents as well?
I would highly recommend sending the docs through electronic format as EE is all online and it would be easier for the officer to attach your emails to your case.. when I submitted the Case specific enquiry in my case, within couple of days the slot was open in MyCIC to upload my wife's docs

Where is this application? Details
Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents Provided
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
Final decision Not Started

Please guide me here as I am in desperate situation. My wife is in India and we are looking for someone to guide our next step. My work permit expires in Feb, 2016 as well.

Please advice.

Thanks.
Hi,

I've had a similar situation of getting married after submission of application and got our PR together..

You didn't have to send your wife's docs by post.. just a scanned version of the docs through Case Specific Enquiry would have been sufficient as EE is all electronic.. May be that is what is causing the delay

I've replied to your queries in your post..

dda

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Thanks for the reply.

Question: When you say "electronic format", do you mean "Webform"? Do I use this link?

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.210447440.496543901.1431361739

Thanks.

dda

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Thanks for the reply Satsu.

I will do so. How much processing time would you anticipate at this point for a candidate like me? My wife's PCC, upfront medical, PR Fees and other documents are ready to go. Any guess work from your end?

Thanks buddy.

Satsu

Sep 8, 2014
I'm guessing that there shouldn't be any delay as they're still processing your details and your wife's couldn't be done as along yours..

FYI, The only problem that you might face is since you've included your wife in between, the standard processing time of 6 months does not hold good.. So, you cannot inquire any delays with CIC even after 6months.. atleast I faced that..

dda

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
OK. I see.

Do they count 6 months starting when I submitted Schedule A & RCMP finger prints? i.e. when all the documents were provided.

Would they need any other documents for my wife apart from listed below:
1.) Educational documents
2.) PCC
3.) Medical
4.) Immigration fees
5.) Marriage support documents.

Am I looking somewhere in March to get the approval if things are positive? Can I anticipate that month?

Thanks.

Satsu

Sep 8, 2014
dda said:
OK. I see.

Do they count 6 months starting when I submitted Schedule A & RCMP finger prints? i.e. when all the documents were provided.
6 months beginning from your AOR date

Would they need any other documents for my wife apart from listed below:
1.) Educational documents Not required, as the application is only based on the primary applicant in your case
2.) PCC Required
3.) Medical Required
4.) Immigration fees Required
5.) Marriage support documents. Required

You have covered everything that might be required along with the standard forms that they ask you to fill in

Am I looking somewhere in March to get the approval if things are positive? Can I anticipate that month?
March/April would most probably be possible provided you & your wife haven't traveled much with minimal PCC. Also, since your wife is not in Canada, it might take time to get PPR after DM (since your application will be transferred to your wife's country & will take time for PPR issuance). My spouse was also not in Canada and it took about 45 days to get our PPR after DM. In total it took 3 months after I informed them about my marital status change to getting my PPR

Thanks.

dda

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Thanks a lot Satsu for sharing your experience as well. I got my answers. I will take care of it now. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks Buddy.

dda

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Hello,

Apart from Paper submission (which included my wife's documents and my change of status form) that received by CIC on Dec 4th, 2015, I filed a CSE as well on January 7th, 2016.

I have not heard back anything on either of the inquiries.

Question: How long does it take to get a reply for CSE? It has passed 4 weeks on my paper submissions as well and the status stands as it is. My 6 months after AOR ends on March 1st.

Please advice.

Thanks.

cheiro

Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

I have got my PPR yesterday EE FSW and i want to add my wife. i got married while the application review was in progress. i updated CPC on Jun 3 but never heard from them. please advise what should i do now?

1. Send my passport and get visa and apply for wife later from canada?
2. request CPC to add wife also and then wait for PR ... not sure how long they take or will they even entertain this.

Jun 21, 2016
Hello.
Sastu thanks for the info. I have question. I have applied for EE and received PP request. But I email them stating that my marital status has been changed. They asked me to fill out few forms, certificates and submit it, well I did it. It is almost 50 days I have submitted the documents and have heard nothing from them.

Could you tell me how much time it takes to get the PR for both?

How much time they took for your application to process from the date of submission of your wife documents?
thx

vibhu_kk

Oct 14, 2015
Guys I have been reading a lot, but I have been unable to find the right information to answer my questions. As stupid as these might sound, I would really appreciate if someone could provide precise answers to my questions. Please no guesswok:)

History:
I individually applied through EE program last year (2015) and completed all formalities and received my ITA and applied and paid the fee. In May 2016, I received an email from ""CPCO-FinalRequest / CTDO-DemandeFinale (CIC) <IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>""
asking me to send my Passport for PR Visa stamping through VFS. During this period, just before receiving this new email, I got married and I sent a letter informing about my change in marital status alongwith my passport through VFS. I also updated CIC through Case Specific Enquiry portal with all the necessary documents (photos, marriage certificate and a detailed letter).

Now I have received 2 separate communications. One through email from DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and also through my Express Entry profile update page asking for the following documents:
Generic Application Form for Canada(required)
Police Certificates (Multiple) (required)
A signed and completed questionnaire(required)
Marriage Photos (required)
Passport (required)
RPRF (required)

I believe the profile update page is more authentic for me to share my wife's documents. Now I have these questions:

1. Is my wife going to be added as a dependent who will not be eligible to work in Canada? Or will this be also a PR with in-built work permit?
2. If she is not eligible to work with this permit, how do I apply for OWP for her? Can OWP be applied from my existing EE profile?
3. If she needs OWP, then why do I have to pay for RPRF (as asked in "Replacement Needed" documents)?

flashadi

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Hi
After adding my wife to my existing PR application she had her medical done in may 2016, no response till now any idea how much time Cic take after medical ? Says on web background check is in progress.

Thanks

Hypermilantix

Nov 13, 2016
Hello everyone!!!

Please help me with your knowledge.

1. Let's say someone has a score of 480 and he gets the ITA and eventually he submits the application. In that particular draw, the cut off point was 472. During the PR process if he gets married, is CIC going to recalculate the point based on the new situation? Applicant's point after marriage might fall below 472 if CIC redo the calculation based on the changing phenomenon. In this situation, is CIC going to reject the whole applicant's application and his dependent?

Thanks in advance!!!