+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Adding Spouse with COPR expiring in Dec 2020

User37

Jan 7, 2021
Hi all, hope this info helps
My fiance (in 2019) applied via express entry in June 2019.
She got PPR in early December 2019.
Was planning to fly in April 2020.
Covid cancelled travel plans.
We got married end of June.
Raised a webform to let cic know a few days after as soon as we got the certificate.
Got a request letter first week of july
Submitted all the docs by end of july.
(It helped as my biometrics were already conducted last year for a different application)
Had a talk with cic in late November and they said our eligibility has been passed and only background check is pending.
File is in NDVO.
Waiting for golden email
Hey,
I am in the exact same situation and timelines. Could you please share if you received any updates from cic. My biometrics were also done similarly.

Thanks

User37

Jan 7, 2021
will do for sure. what was the most recent update on you file
Last was biometric updated on August 17. There has been no update after that. I’m expecting a re medical request maybe because my wife’s medical expired in April 2020.

Window2176

Jan 4, 2018
The progress bar went away from my CIC Account.
Also the application status changed from :

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Some applications take us longer than usual to process.
About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.
If it’s been longer than your processing time since you applied and you aren’t seeing updates, contact us using the Web form.

To

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Anyone knows what this means. Did the progress bar go away for everyone?

User37

Jan 7, 2021
The progress bar went away from my CIC Account.
Also the application status changed from :

Some applications take us longer than usual to process.
About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.
If it’s been longer than your processing time since you applied and you aren’t seeing updates, contact us using the Web form.

To

Anyone knows what this means. Did the progress bar go away for everyone?
yes even I checked after reading your message here, the same has happened to our account too. The progress bar and previous message is not there anymore. I hope it’s a positive sign.

Sheryar

Mar 5, 2012
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-june-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19- june-2012
Med's Request
13-july-2012
Med's Done....
19-July-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
By the Grace of Allah (24/8/2012)
LANDED..........
6 september 2012
My situation:
I applied for PR on march 6 2020.(CEC)
Work permit expired march 18th
Bridging work permit applied 13th March 2020
Got Bridging work permit on 22nd Aug 2020
Applied TRV on 22nd Aug 2020
Got TRV on 18th sep 2020
Travelled on 10th October to Pakistan
Biometrics given on 14th October 2020
Left Pakistan on 22nd october 2020 for UK
Spend time with my fiance
On Nov 1st 2020 got an email congratulating about PR (COPR)
Dec 2nd 2020 informed CIC that i am out of Canada in UK, they canceled the COPR and told to enter Canada and than do landing(on cic account)
Got married in UK on 30th Dec 2020
Entered Canada on 7th Jan 2021 and informed border officer about my marriage and my intention to inform CIC, they refuced to issue landing/PR and let me in on my valid bridging work permit.
Called CIC on 8th Jan 2021and told about my marriage.(they emailed me the documents required to add a spouse.
14th Jan 2021submitted all documents to add accompanying spouse)
Now waiting(spousal medials , biometrics etc).
she is a Pakistani citizen studying in UK.

should I just wait or apply for her visitor visa as well( will mention that she is added to PR, want to live together for may- aug (that gives travel exemption as she is a family of worker in Canada) and than return to UK for her last year of University.

CANaspirant90

Nov 7, 2020
hey @User37 , thanks for sharing your experience and timelines. May I ask if you have had an update - did they raise the re-medical request for your spouse ?

The status bar going away seems to be an across the Board update. Happened on my profile as well.

User37

Jan 7, 2021
hey @User37 , thanks for sharing your experience and timelines. May I ask if you have had an update - did they raise the re-medical request for your spouse ?

The status bar going away seems to be an across the Board update. Happened on my profile as well.
I’ve had no updates from IRCC since august 2020 which is when my biometric was updated . My wife did an upfront medical since we were not getting any updates and the medical was updated in our profile after 1 month. This happened in February and again silence after that.

CANaspirant90

Nov 7, 2020
I’ve had no updates from IRCC since august 2020 which is when my biometric was updated . My wife did an upfront medical since we were not getting any updates and the medical was updated in our profile after 1 month. This happened in February and again silence after that.
Thanks for the response ! Do you know which visa office is processing your case ? Mine is at the London office and they seem to be prioritizing 'essential travel' cases now - wonder what that entails.

User37

Jan 7, 2021
Thanks for the response ! Do you know which visa office is processing your case ? Mine is at the London office and they seem to be prioritizing 'essential travel' cases now - wonder what that entails.
I called IRCC to know where my profile is currently. Even though it was originally at ottawa, it is currently at the ndvo office. I figured that is where the eligibility and background checks occur locally. So maybe that’s why it’s been shifted here. But I guess ndvo is sleeping with my profile in their hands.

CANaspirant90

Nov 7, 2020
I called IRCC to know where my profile is currently. Even though it was originally at ottawa, it is currently at the ndvo office. I figured that is where the eligibility and background checks occur locally. So maybe that’s why it’s been shifted here. But I guess ndvo is sleeping with my profile in their hands.
Ahh I see. I think my application is still in the nascent stage. Post my request to add my spouse and sharing documents, IRCC reverted that they are to conduct further reviews (although my application as a single applicant was finalized with a stamped CoPR) . I am based in Dubai , so ideally, it should have been in the local office here, but since its in London I think its going to be a long wait for me :(

HarisAli

Aug 29, 2019
Guys, I am in a similar situation here. Uploaded all the relevant docs, submitted medicals for my spouse in Dec 2020. Since then, there is no update. Waiting for the final decision. My own medical as a Primary candidate expired in December 2020. I have not yet received a re-medical request.

Should I do an upfront medical to expedite the process?

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Hi guys,

I need some clarifications about the IMM forms to send to IRCC after getting married:
  • imm0008enu_2d (Generic Application Form) :=> this is filled by Principal Applicant (PA)
  • imm5406e (Additional Family Information) :=> this is filled by the spouse AND also the PA (where the Spouse field will be the information of the spouse)
  • imm5669e (Schedule A / Background Declaration) :=> this is where I'm confused. I understand that the spouse will fill this. But does PA need to re-fill? Since I have read some past posts that IRCC already has the information of the PA, so only spouse needs to fill
Do I understand the above correctly?
Thank you