+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Adding Spouse with COPR expiring in Dec 2020

CANaspirant90

Nov 7, 2020
@Window2176 - no , it was afterwards on me notifying them post my wedding.
Ineligibility to travel - owing to the current directive that only CoPRs issued before 18 March are allowed to travel.

CANaspirant90

Nov 7, 2020
Good day All.
I notified IRCC upon getting married and received an update on my account (within 5 days of raising webform). My previously expired CoPR (27 Jan 2020) was cancelled and they have issued me a new CoPR dated 17 Dec 2020. I have not yet received a request to add spousal documents and neither do I see a slot having opened up on my application profile. I am happy that there has been a response but the new CoPR issue date would mean that I am not eligible at the present moment to set foot in Canada. I am interested in proactively getting things done for the spousal bit of my application. Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated. @scylla @Window2176
@Canada2020eh - I would be grateful for your thoughts on my case. Thank you

CANaspirant90

Nov 7, 2020
Good day All.
I notified IRCC upon getting married and received an update on my account (within 5 days of raising webform). My previously expired CoPR (27 Jan 2020) was cancelled and they have issued me a new CoPR dated 17 Dec 2020. I have not yet received a request to add spousal documents and neither do I see a slot having opened up on my application profile. I am happy that there has been a response but the new CoPR issue date would mean that I am not eligible at the present moment to set foot in Canada. I am interested in proactively getting things done for the spousal bit of my application. Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated. @scylla @Window2176
@hypervariate123 @whyCorona - guys , I would be grateful for your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Window2176

Jan 4, 2018
Reactions: CANaspirant90

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
@hypervariate123 @whyCorona - guys , I would be grateful for your thoughts. Thanks in advance.
Thanks for tagging me but I have very less experience in this regard. Getting opinion from a unmarried guy wrt to spousal document might not be helpful. :p

Other thing is that if your PR application was issued before 18th March 2020 then you are still exempted to travel to Canada even if a new CoPR is issued for the same application. However, now you are married, therefore, you need to wait when they reprocess your application with your Spouse. I believe you need to do PCC and meds for your spouse but they need to be done when you get instructions from IRCC.

Best of luck!

CANaspirant90

Nov 7, 2020
Did you just notify them of the change your marital status or did you ask to have her added to your application as a dependent? They do not automatically do it for you.
ahh I see. I had notified a change in marital status. I am now raising a webform requesting my spouse to be added as a dependent. Looking at my profile, I notice that the PR final decision date has also changed to 17 December 2020. Will be asking them if I would still be eligible to travel (post processing spousal documents). Thank you so much for your response - was very helpful !

CANaspirant90

Nov 7, 2020
Thanks for tagging me but I have very less experience in this regard. Getting opinion from a unmarried guy wrt to spousal document might not be helpful. :p

Other thing is that if your PR application was issued before 18th March 2020 then you are still exempted to travel to Canada even if a new CoPR is issued for the same application. However, now you are married, therefore, you need to wait when they reprocess your application with your Spouse. I believe you need to do PCC and meds for your spouse but they need to be done when you get instructions from IRCC.

Best of luck!
haha you are welcome. I guess I should say the prerequisite 'enjoy your life whilst not married' line.

I am raising a webform double checking on my eligibility since the PR approval / final decision date seems to have also changed to 17 Dec 2020. I think upfront medicals and document compilation would be a sensible thing to do. Will seek advice on this.

Thank you !

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
ahh I see. I had notified a change in marital status. I am now raising a webform requesting my spouse to be added as a dependent. Looking at my profile, I notice that the PR final decision date has also changed to 17 December 2020. Will be asking them if I would still be eligible to travel (post processing spousal documents). Thank you so much for your response - was very helpful !
Hi @CANaspirant90 , did you receive further update to add your spouse to your file from IRCC?