+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**URGENT** 9 weeks since application for Study Permit with no updates!!

saikatroy

Jul 15, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I am from Kolkata, India. I got admission to McGill University and my classes are supposed to start from 8th August. I applied for my study permit (online) on 12th May and received the updated "Medicals Passed" on 14th May. However, since then, for 9 weeks now, I have got no further updates! I have tried reaching out to the Delhi High Commission in every possible way (mailed them thrice, called up them numerous times, even visited the HC in person), but to no avail. Every time I was told that all Visa-related enquiries must be made through mail (but having sent three mails also I have received no reply). I submitted the case-specific enquiry form on 18th June, and just got a reply on 1st July that "your application is in process".

As a result of this, all my professional and personal commitments are in a state of limbo and all my plans have fallen through. Given this situation, my questions are:

1. What are my options at this juncture? Should I keep waiting, or just submit a fresh application with an LOE mentioning the above issues?

2. Given that my classes are officially supposed to start from 8th August (although I have mail from the Admissions Office that the latest I can join is 29th August), is there a chance that any new application at this stage might be cancelled outright, citing reasons of "insufficient time to process"?

3. If there is no option other than waiting, is there any other channel through which I could try reaching out to the High Commission?

4. Could the application just have fallen through the cracks, and be in a state where it is just not being noticed/dealt with?

I would be grateful to anyone who can help with out in these difficult times. Kindly tell me what would be the proper thing to do in this situation.

duster

Aug 13, 2011
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
March 22/2019
AOR Received.
May 8/ 2019
Med's Request
Sep 10/2019
Med's Done....
Sep 24/2019
saikatroy said:
Hello Everyone,

I am from Kolkata, India. I got admission to McGill University and my classes are supposed to start from 8th August. I applied for my study permit (online) on 12th May and received the updated "Medicals Passed" on 14th May. However, since then, for 9 weeks now, I have got no further updates! I have tried reaching out to the Delhi High Commission in every possible way (mailed them thrice, called up them numerous times, even visited the HC in person), but to no avail. Every time I was told that all Visa-related enquiries must be made through mail (but having sent three mails also I have received no reply). I submitted the case-specific enquiry form on 18th June, and just got a reply on 1st July that "your application is in process".

As a result of this, all my professional and personal commitments are in a state of limbo and all my plans have fallen through. Given this situation, my questions are:

1. What are my options at this juncture? Should I keep waiting, or just submit a fresh application with an LOE mentioning the above issues?

2. Given that my classes are officially supposed to start from 8th August (although I have mail from the Admissions Office that the latest I can join is 29th August), is there a chance that any new application at this stage might be cancelled outright, citing reasons of "insufficient time to process"?

3. If there is no option other than waiting, is there any other channel through which I could try reaching out to the High Commission?

4. Could the application just have fallen through the cracks, and be in a state where it is just not being noticed/dealt with?

I would be grateful to anyone who can help with out in these difficult times. Kindly tell me what would be the proper thing to do in this situation.
I have applied for student visa on 27th May 2016
Appeared for Biometrics on 31st May 2016

My course will start from 6th September 2016.

Still no update from CIC.

Does delay in responding visa applications lead to "Rejecton".As matter of fact today is 49th day since I submitted my application through online module.

bryheartpizza

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-04-2021
AOR Received.
02-04-2021
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
02-08-2016
If you still haven't gotten a final decision by the time your class starts, it'd be better to differ your program to winter

saikatroy

Jul 15, 2016
bryheartpizza said:
If you still haven't gotten a final decision by the time your class starts, it'd be better to differ your program to winter
Thanks, bryheartpizza for your reply. Desautels (McGill MBA) doesn't have a Winter intake, so I'd have to defer to next Fall. However, before I start that process, could you please let me know your thoughts on the following:

Thanks again!!

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Hello there,

I applied "online" for a student permit on May 12, provided biometrics on the 13th... and still no clue what is my application status. I have sent tons of emails and filled up several Case-Specific-Enquiries and I have not got any REPLY to them. At least you have got a reply saying they are processing your application.

Could not be more stressful!!

bryheartpizza

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-04-2021
AOR Received.
02-04-2021
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
02-08-2016
saikatroy said:
Thanks, bryheartpizza for your reply. Desautels (McGill MBA) doesn't have a Winter intake, so I'd have to defer to next Fall. However, before I start that process, could you please let me know your thoughts on the following:

Thanks again!!
1. Your only option is to wait. If you submit another application it could only lead to more delays.

2. I read somewhere here that you can't submit two applications for the same thing.

3. Sadly, I have no knowledge about contacting the Higher Commission.

4. I've had a talk to VO once. She said applications may take time based on how fast they can verify each of the documents an individual submitted.

saikatroy

Jul 15, 2016
bryheartpizza said:
1. Your only option is to wait. If you submit another application it could only lead to more delays.

2. I read somewhere here that you can't submit two applications for the same thing.

3. Sadly, I have no knowledge about contacting the Higher Commission.

4. I've had a talk to VO once. She said applications may take time based on how fast they can verify each of the documents an individual submitted.
Thank you, bryheartpizza, for your valuable inputs. However, when you say

If you submit another application it could only lead to more delays.
could you elaborate why that is? I know of an applicant who had mistakenly didn't upload his medical reports with his first application, and was not being able to reach out to the VO later, when he wanted to upload the reports. As a result, his application was completely stuck, for four weeks. He went ahead and submitted a second application, and within a week of that, got his approval.

Also, as regards the second point, i.e.,

you can't submit two applications for the same thing.
Although I am technically submitting a new application, this application is not different from the first one. I would upload the exact same documents that I did, when I submitted the first application. I would only include a detailed letter of explanation mentioning the issue (that the application is not at all moving forward and that my classes are starting from 8th Aug, so I need to travel), just to ensure that if there is really anything amiss with the initial application, it is brought to the notice of the VO-s and the whole process gets expedited.

However, having said the above, I am also a bit wary of this backfiring, and leading to an outright rejection with reasons of "insufficient time to process application". Do you think such fear is baseless?

Please let me know what you think. Every advice from everyone is of utmost importance to me now. I really appreciate your time in responding to my queries, and am extremely grateful for the same!

Ualberta

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
I applied online from Switzerland and the normal processing time here is 2 weeks but in my case it's been already 23 days but I have not got any further updates regarding my application. Its frustrating!!

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Hello again,

I am having the same dilemma about submitting another application especially that the processing time of the paper-based appication is way shorter. I know many people who had applied after me in weeks and already got their approval. However, while filling up your application online, you may notice a note down saying: "do not submit another application for the same service in order to accelerate the process, it may actually delay it" and it is written in BOLD... Therefore, I refrained from submitting another one!!

I am just waiting for an answer/decision now :(

rrc

May 31, 2018
Hi...

Did you guys receive your visa at the end. What was the outcome ?? Please share your experiences

gurpreet1313

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Hello
Hello Everyone,

Bro what was the outcome ... Did you got ur visa???