Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-2012
Hello All,

I am a newly landed resident. When i say new, i mean just 2 weeks.

I would like to visit US with my relatives who are Canadian citizens. Is there any way for me to get a temporary visa so that I could make a visit.

Kind Regards,
Nick

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With respect this was covered in the topic below as per your thread...you need to contact the US consulate is the message regardless how many times you ask the question!!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t128197.0.html

Nick Manickam

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-2012
No offence mate. This time i wrote it up with a different intention. Didnt mean to hurt anyone's ego.

Appreciate your help to put up the link once again.

Kind Regards,
Nick

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. None taken.

2. Challenge is convincing the US consulate that you will return to Canada.

good luck

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
I thought Canadian PRs after a while of living in Canada can relatively easily get a visitors visa to the US ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
us2yow said:
I thought Canadian PRs after a while of living in Canada can relatively easily get a visitors visa to the US ?
Sure - after a PR has been living in Canada for a few years it's usually relatively easy to get a visitor visa to the US.

However in Nick Manickam's case, he's only been a PR for two weeks. So the chances of being approved for a US visitor visa are unfortunately low.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have been living in Canada as a PR for 6 months and have a full-time job then chances are bright, if you have no previous US visa rejection.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Sure - after a PR has been living in Canada for a few years it's usually relatively easy to get a visitor visa to the US.

However in Nick Manickam's case, he's only been a PR for two weeks. So the chances of being approved for a US visitor visa are unfortunately low.
No, a PR doesn't need to be living for a few years. Less than a year is enough!

A

achander

Since you have been a resident for only 2 weeks, the chances your application for visa getting rejected are pretty much 100%. I have read in a few forums that your chances are a lot better if you have been living in Canada for at least a few months (the more the better). Remember you need to prove to the US govt that you plan on returning back to Canada. Solid proofs are Full-time Job and ownership of house or property. Being a Canadian PR doesn't prove anything.

The US consulate specifically says not to buy any flight tickets till you get your visa. Which tells you that showing up with a return ticket doesn't mean anything. You can try, but your gonna waste money and time.

I will be applying for mine next year and i have been here for more than 8 months and i work full-time too. I have not applied for this long to make sure i don't get rejected.

cheers

Nick Manickam

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-2012
Been of great help guys.
I guess id plan my trip for the next new years eve.

Kind Regards,
Nick