+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

{urg}Open work permit extension

manasa555

Jun 1, 2019
Hi All,

I'm currently working in a job in Canada on my open work permit and my open work permit was provided on basis of 'accompanying spouse' as he had ICT(closed work permit), both permits validity will be going to expire in Feb 2020.

Chances of my husband's work permit extension is very slim(his employer may/may not apply), can I apply for my open work permit extension based on my job, will they provide another few years of extension for me?

please advice us, appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks,
Manasa

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

I'm currently working in a job in Canada on my open work permit and my open work permit was provided on basis of 'accompanying spouse' as he had ICT(closed work permit), both permits validity will be going to expire in Feb 2020.

Chances of my husband's work permit extension is very slim(his employer may/may not apply), can I apply for my open work permit extension based on my job, will they provide another few years of extension for me?

Thanks,
Manasa
No - you cannot. Your employer would need to obtain an approved LMIA so that you can apply for a closed work permit.

Reactions: andy.keeling

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
unless your current employer has LMIA and he or she is willing to sponsor your work permit with it, otherwise no .

the ground for your current open work permit is his work permit, and if he lose that, there is no ground for you to extend your open work permit .

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi All,

Thanks,
Manasa
The only reason you were entitled to an open work permit was because your husband had one. Your job gives you no entitlement.