+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URENT HELP-WITHDRAWAL of SPOUSE FROM PR

snasir123

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Hi There,

I need help and opinion of experts please.

I have applied my PR through AINP on a Paper Base application and got my AOR in Feb, linked my application as well on cic.

Right now I am the main applicant and my spouse is a dependent. Unfortunately, things did not work out btw us and we are having a Divorce. Since Marriage was registered in PAKISTAN, and we both hold Pakistani passports divorce laws are going to be followed of Pakistan. So far, I only sent a divorce deed notice to spouse address and to Union Council. It will take around three months of the process to get the Divorce Certificate from the Union Council to make it legally seperated.

My concern is should I tell CiC right now to remove my spouse( dependent) from my PR file or should I wait until I get the Divorce certificate from Pakistan ? If I tell right now they will ask for the legally separated document which will I get in next three months. But, If I wait to get the certificate what If I get a call for Medical of me and my spouse ? Please give some opinions.

My timeline is : PR paper based application thru AINP got AOR Feb 05, 2017 profile linked with CiC and waiting for Medical now.

Any help would be highly appreciated