+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

uploading RCMP file

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
I received my RCMP report. There are 2 numbers on top-right hand corner, "Our File" long number and "Reference Number" short number. Which of these do I write under Document Number in MyCIC?

What would the Document Name be?
What about the expiry date, it doesn't mention in the letter.

chantal111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
ultra99 said:
I received my RCMP report. There are 2 numbers on top-right hand corner, "Our File" long number and "Reference Number" short number. Which of these do I write under Document Number in MyCIC?

I got also rcmp but i have our file only .there was no reference number.. so i think our file is the document number..

chantal111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
ultra99 said:

Donot leave spaces. Put the 20 numbers without any spaces in the document number

chantal111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
ultra99 said:

The document name is rcmp criminal record check
Expiry date i put 1 year from the date on the rcmp. Some member did it 6 months and some 1 year.

good luck

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
chantal111 said:
The document name is rcmp criminal record check
Expiry date i put 1 year from the date on the rcmp. Some member did it 6 months and some 1 year.

good luck
thanks.
does it say somewhere on CIC's website an expiry date?

chantal111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
ultra99 said:
thanks.
does it say somewhere on CIC's website an expiry date?

I read on the FAQ on rcmp website that the expiry date depends on the organization that asked u about rcmp criminal record check and it varies from 3 months till 1 year.. also i read on cic that the police certificates in general are valid for 1 year... cic asks us to have police certificate no more than 6 months ago because ur police certificate should be valid until u get decision made on ur app... that is why i put 1 year and it makes sense for me...