+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Uploading documents post ITA

singhx3a

Nov 30, 2018
Hi,

I am in the process of submitting my application with all documents. Have a few questions related to uploading documents.

1. Education (diplomas/degrees) - do we only attach Diploma/Degree or Transcripts as well?
2. Where do we upload IELTS / WES ?
3. For Work Experience what is the order of uploading documents - i have 4 letters - in what order should I upload the documents, some one said the portal will tell me which one to upload, but all I see is Proof Of Employment - 1, 2,3,4 ?
4. For PCC - I have my certificates from USA and India, again it is not highlighting which document is for which country?

Please advise

singhx3a

Nov 30, 2018
Just to clarify, the cic portal does not clarify the order in which to upload police certificates and order of employment records

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
Hi,

I am in the process of submitting my application with all documents. Have a few questions related to uploading documents.

1. Education (diplomas/degrees) - do we only attach Diploma/Degree or Transcripts as well?
3. For Work Experience what is the order of uploading documents - i have 4 letters - in what order should I upload the documents, some one said the portal will tell me which one to upload, but all I see is Proof Of Employment - 1, 2,3,4 ?
4. For PCC - I have my certificates from USA and India, again it is not highlighting which document is for which country?

Please advise
1. No need for transcripts.
2. With the degrees. Make a combined word/pdf file.
3. Try to use MS Edge, it shows which one is which. But I believe it makes no difference.
4. See 3.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi,

Please advise
1.You need at least ONE proof only. It can be either diploma OR transcripts. Both is just redundant as it eats up valuable space within the 4MB limit.
2.Education section
3.Doesn't really matter, but I would suggest the most recent one at the top.
4.If you have only one field for PCC, you can combine them in one PDF and upload that. If one field for each, then just put each one in a field.

MB 8926

Aug 23, 2016
Hi all, I have a question regarding PCC. My wife is the primary applicant in my case. For the PCC placeholder for uploading files. Hers comes with two separate sections saying
1. PCC for India
2. PCC for Dubai

For me it comes with only one placeholder for PCC in Dubai only.

Tried to make sense out of it and assuming that based on the information submitted in the previous section after which this customized placeholder section is generated. In the last 10 years, my wife had stayed in India and dubai after marriage ( 4 years + 6 years )

In my case I have been continuously staying in dubai for the last 11 years.

So we are thinking its bcos the previous sections asked for address details / work details saying mention all for the last 10 years or after 18th birthday which ever comes first. So that’s why 2 PCCs for wife and 1 PCC for me.

Your feedback is appreciated. Thanks

singhx3a

Nov 30, 2018
1.You need at least ONE proof only. It can be either diploma OR transcripts. Both is just redundant as it eats up valuable space within the 4MB limit.
2.Education section
3.Doesn't really matter, but I would suggest the most recent one at the top.
4.If you have only one field for PCC, you can combine them in one PDF and upload that. If one field for each, then just put each one in a field.

I have 2 fields - so I can upload in any order?

MB 8926

Aug 23, 2016
When we checked immediately after completing the first part, ie filling all details and moving on to the uploading files part, the PCC didn’t specify for which country. It said PCC 1, PCC 2.

But when we came back the next day, it specifically mentioned PCC India, PCC dubai.

I have a feeling you checking immediately after filling the form. Maybe within a day it will ask specifically and you won’t have confusion.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Yes it doesn't matter, unless the field specifically mentions what to upload in that particular field.
Sometimes in some cases, applicants would get for example "Police Certificate - India".

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi all, I have a question regarding PCC. My wife is the primary applicant in my case. For the PCC placeholder for uploading files. Hers comes with two separate sections saying
1. PCC for India
2. PCC for Dubai

For me it comes with only one placeholder for PCC in Dubai only.

Tried to make sense out of it and assuming that based on the information submitted in the previous section after which this customized placeholder section is generated. In the last 10 years, my wife had stayed in India and dubai after marriage ( 4 years + 6 years )

In my case I have been continuously staying in dubai for the last 11 years.

So we are thinking its bcos the previous sections asked for address details / work details saying mention all for the last 10 years or after 18th birthday which ever comes first. So that’s why 2 PCCs for wife and 1 PCC for me.

Your feedback is appreciated. Thanks
You understood correctly. The system generates the checklist based on the address and personal history for the last 10 years. And your wife has indeed lived in India and Dubai in the last 10 years, and the system understood that from the info.
For you however, you didn't stay in another country other than the UAE in the last 11 years, so the system couldn't detect that you lived in India for 6 months or more in a row.
However, do know that PCCs are required for countries where you lived for 6 months or more in a row, since the age of 18! Not for the last 10 years. So, if you've lived in India for 6 months after turning 18, I'd strongly suggest just getting a PCC from India and upload it upfront. I'd expect ADR for that if you don't.

Reactions: MB 8926

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
When we checked immediately after completing the first part, ie filling all details and moving on to the uploading files part, the PCC didn’t specify for which country. It said PCC 1, PCC 2.

But when we came back the next day, it specifically mentioned PCC India, PCC dubai.

I have a feeling you checking immediately after filling the form. Maybe within a day it will ask specifically and you won’t have confusion.
Yes there is some kind of system glitch where the interface can change from one login session to another.
What I suggest is uploading the documents with the interface where it specifies what to upload in what field. Easier for you as it serves as guidance.

MB 8926

Aug 23, 2016
You understood correctly. The system generates the checklist based on the address and personal history for the last 10 years. And your wife has indeed lived in India and Dubai in the last 10 years, and the system understood that from the info.
For you however, you didn't stay in another country other than the UAE in the last 11 years, so the system couldn't detect that you lived in India for 6 months or more in a row.
However, do know that PCCs are required for countries where you lived for 6 months or more in a row, since the age of 18! Not for the last 10 years. So, if you've lived in India for 6 months after turning 18, I'd strongly suggest just getting a PCC from India and upload it upfront. I'd expect ADR for that if you don't.
Thanks for confirming. While checking the checklist from BLS for PCC, one of their requirements is to provide the
Thank you for the confirmation peacekeeper. One of the checklist item from BLS global for Indian PCC asks to provide the immigration checklist where it asks for India PCC. I’m wondering if I attach the current checklist which clearly states DUBAI PCC and doesn’t ask for INDIA, I hope they don’t question why I’m requesting when the checklist doesn’t have it from immigration. I’m totally with you on being safe by providing extra docs rather than getting delayed later. Just wanted to know if someone with the same scenario had no issues by just submitting one PCC.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks for confirming. While checking the checklist from BLS for PCC, one of their requirements is to provide the

Thank you for the confirmation peacekeeper. One of the checklist item from BLS global for Indian PCC asks to provide the immigration checklist where it asks for India PCC. I’m wondering if I attach the current checklist which clearly states DUBAI PCC and doesn’t ask for INDIA, I hope they don’t question why I’m requesting when the checklist doesn’t have it from immigration. I’m totally with you on being safe by providing extra docs rather than getting delayed later. Just wanted to know if someone with the same scenario had no issues by just submitting one PCC.
You have any issue if you don't submit a PCC that is not required. Worst case scenario, you'll get an additional document request, really no biggie.
If it doesn't take much time to get India PCC, wait till ADR if you have to go through shoots and hoops to get it.

Reactions: MB 8926

walepiper

Apr 13, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
Med's Request
28-03-2019
Hello guys,

Can the work history filled in my profile be modified after I have received ITA.

Thanks.

tanmaisneha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Alberta
PCC is required for last 10 years only..

Please check the link in the PCC section -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

"Police certificates are required upfront and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has spent 6 months or more in a row within the last 10 years. The individual does not need to provide one for any period of time before the age of 18."