VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Hi all,

i just uploaded schedule a onto my GCKEY and this is what it says:

Uploaded - not submitted to IRCC
Uploaded Filename: eIMM5669E.pdf

Is this normal to say not submitted to IRCC? will this eventually change?

Thanks!!!

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
starnaenae said:
Hi all,

i just uploaded schedule a onto my GCKEY and this is what it says:

Uploaded - not submitted to IRCC
Uploaded Filename: eIMM5669E.pdf

Is this normal to say not submitted to IRCC? will this eventually change?

Thanks!!!
I figured out what i did wrong.. i didnt transmit... all good :)

Rani1027

Jul 16, 2016
Re: Obtaining OHIP after landing

Hello, I believe you have to wait for 3 months (or 90 days) before applying for OHIP? Is this true? Can you apply sooner than that? What is the procedure? I'm asking for my mom, who received her landing papers recently. She wants to return to India to visit her brother who is very sick before the three months are up.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Rani1027 said:
Hello, I believe you have to wait for 3 months (or 90 days) before applying for OHIP? Is this true? Can you apply sooner than that? What is the procedure? I'm asking for my mom, who received her landing papers recently. She wants to return to India to visit her brother who is very sick before the three months are up.
This isn't really related to myCIC.

However, You can apply for OHIP as soon as you have landing papers (or OWP for inland applicants, or a Work Permit + a Letter from your employer). There may (or may not) be a 90 day wait. If you can prove you have been in Ontario for 90 days or more, they might waive the wait. See: http://settlement.org/ontario/health/ohip-and-health-insurance/health-ohip-card/how-do-i-apply-for-a-health-card-ohip/ and http://settlement.org/ontario/health/ohip-and-health-insurance/health-ohip-card/what-documents-do-i-need-to-apply-for-a-health-card-ohip/

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........

Rani1027 said:
she can apply at any time she has the required documentation to prove her eligibility - she does not need to wait 90 days to apply. if she applies prior to her 90th day of residency, then she will receive her card after that date passes.

how long does she plan to leave canada for? if it's for an extended period of time, it may be best for her to apply when she returns to avoid any issue with her coverage.

profiler said:

However, You can apply for OHIP as soon as you have landing papers (or OWP for inland applicants, or a Work Permit + a Letter from your employer). See: http://settlement.org/ontario/health/ohip-and-health-insurance/health-ohip-card/how-do-i-apply-for-a-health-card-ohip/ and http://settlement.org/ontario/health/ohip-and-health-insurance/health-ohip-card/what-documents-do-i-need-to-apply-for-a-health-card-ohip/
a person needs more than just a landing document, and a lot of people can't apply for OHIP as soon as they land. generally, it's the proof of residency (not proof of status) that keeps people from being able to apply for OHIP right away or successfully. OHIP only accepts specific documents for proof of ontario residency, and many people have been turned away because they do not have exactly what's on their list.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

CDNPR2014 said:
a person needs more than just a landing document. generally, it's the proof of residency (not proof of status) that keeps people from being able to apply for OHIP right away or successfully. OHIP only accepts specific documents for proof of ontario residency, and many people have been turned away because they do not have exactly what's on their list.
I included a list of required documents. Please check the second link.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........

profiler said:
I included a list of required documents. Please check the second link.
I did. i was pointing out the fact that most people can't "apply for OHIP as soon as you have landing papers" as you suggest. to me, that is a misleading statement. most outland applicants need to wait to apply for OHIP until they can get proof of residency - the landing document itself does not allow a person to apply for OHIP. it is only 1/3 of what is required.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

CDNPR2014 said:
I did. i was pointing out the fact that most people can't " apply for OHIP as soon as you have landing papers" as you suggest. to me, that is a misleading statement. most outland applicants need to wait to apply for OHIP until they can get proof of residency. the landing document alone does not allow a person to apply for OHIP.
From the second link:
"
1. Proof of Citizenship or OHIP Eligible Status
Permanent Residents ("landed immigrants")
Canadian Immigration Identification Card
Valid Permanent Resident Card or a Permanent Resident Card that has been expired for less than 5 years
Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688)
Record of Landing (IMM1000)

"

And no, it's not misleading at all. I supplied a link to where they need to get the required documents. The question was regarding eligibility and waiting period, not documents supplied.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........

profiler said:
From the second link:
"

1. Proof of Citizenship or OHIP Eligible Status
Permanent Residents ("landed immigrants")
Canadian Immigration Identification Card
Valid Permanent Resident Card or a Permanent Resident Card that has been expired for less than 5 years
Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688)
Record of Landing (IMM1000)

"

And no, it's not misleading at all. I supplied a link to where they need to get the required documents. The question was regarding eligibility and waiting period, not documents supplied.
it certainly IS misleading. A person can't walk into Service Ontario with just their landing paper and passport and be eligible for OHIP. ELIGIBILITY means you can prove your status in canada, your current Ontario residence and your identity. It is not either or, it is all or nothing. people are turned away ALL the time and told they are not eligible when they don't have a proper "proof of residency" document.

it says right on the top of that link you provided:

What documents do I need to apply for a Health Card (OHIP)?
To apply for a Health Card (OHIP) you need 3 types of documents. You must bring original documents. You cannot use photocopies.

You need 1 document from each section:
- which includes proof of residency.

2. Proof of Residency
A document that has your name and current home address. This document confirms that your principal home is in Ontario.

Child Tax Benefit Statement
Employer record (pay stub or letter from employer on company letterhead)
Income tax assessment (most recent)
Insurance policy (home, tenant, auto or life)
Monthly mailed bank account statements for savings or chequing accounts (does not include receipts, bank books, letters or automated teller receipts)
Mortgage, rental or lease agreement
Ontario Motor Vehicle Permit (plate or vehicle portions)
Property tax bill
School, college or university report card or transcript
Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Works
Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Disability Support Program
Statement of Employment Insurance Benefits Paid T4E
Statement of Old Age Security T4A (OAS) or Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits T4A (P)
Statement of Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF), or Registered Home Ownership Savings Plan (RHOSP) from a financial institution (bank, trust company, credit union)
Utility bill received by mail (home telephone, cable TV, public utilities commission, hydro, gas, water)
Valid Ontario Driver's Licence
Temporary Driver's Licence (you must also show a photo license card with the same address)
Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Statement of Benefits T5007
Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contribution
Valid Ontario Photo Card

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

CDNPR2014 said:
it certainly IS misleading. A person can't walk into Service Ontario with just their landing paper and passport and be eligible for OHIP. ELIGIBILITY means you can prove your status in canada, your current Ontario residence and your identity. It is not either or, it is all or nothing.

it says right on the top of that link you provided:

What documents do I need to apply for a Health Card (OHIP)?
To apply for a Health Card (OHIP) you need 3 types of documents. You must bring original documents. You cannot use photocopies.

You need 1 document from each section:
funny how you only focus on section 1 and not ALL 3 requirements for eligibility.

2. Proof of Residency
A document that has your name and current home address. This document confirms that your principal home is in Ontario.

Child Tax Benefit Statement
Employer record (pay stub or letter from employer on company letterhead)
Income tax assessment (most recent)
Insurance policy (home, tenant, auto or life)
Monthly mailed bank account statements for savings or chequing accounts (does not include receipts, bank books, letters or automated teller receipts)
Mortgage, rental or lease agreement
Ontario Motor Vehicle Permit (plate or vehicle portions)
Property tax bill
School, college or university report card or transcript
Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Works
Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Disability Support Program
Statement of Employment Insurance Benefits Paid T4E
Statement of Old Age Security T4A (OAS) or Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits T4A (P)
Statement of Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF), or Registered Home Ownership Savings Plan (RHOSP) from a financial institution (bank, trust company, credit union)
Utility bill received by mail (home telephone, cable TV, public utilities commission, hydro, gas, water)
Valid Ontario Driver's Licence
Temporary Driver's Licence (you must also show a photo license card with the same address)
Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Statement of Benefits T5007
Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contribution
Valid Ontario Photo Card
the original post:
Rani1027 said:
And my response:

profiler said:

However, You can apply for OHIP as soon as you have landing papers (or OWP for inland applicants, or a Work Permit + a Letter from your employer). There may (or may not) be a 90 day wait. If you can prove you have been in Ontario for 90 days or more, they might waive the wait. See: http://settlement.org/ontario/health/ohip-and-health-insurance/health-ohip-card/how-do-i-apply-for-a-health-card-ohip/ and http://settlement.org/ontario/health/ohip-and-health-insurance/health-ohip-card/what-documents-do-i-need-to-apply-for-a-health-card-ohip/

So, as you can see, the question was actually about eligibility. Which I answered, and provided links to. I ALSO included a link for the documents required. It's not misleading at all. The information is correct.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........

profiler said:
the original post:
And my response:

So, as you can see, the question was actually about eligibility. Which I answered, and provided links to. I ALSO included a link for the documents required. It's not misleading at all. The information is correct.
well i guess we have to disagree as to what is considered misleading. telling a person you can apply "as soon as you have landing papers", and not mention there are other requirements that are essential to getting coverage (not just provide links) can be seen as "it's ok to walk into service ontario with your landing paper and get coverage."

to me, eligibility MEANS you have all 3 documents required to apply for ohip. If service ontario doesn't consider someone eligible with only a landing document, i don't know how its in peoples best interest to tell them "as soon as you have landing papers" you are eligible for OHIP.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

CDNPR2014 said:
well i guess we have to disagree as to what is considered misleading. telling a person you can apply "as soon as you have landing papers", and not mention there are other requirements that are essential to getting coverage (not just provide links) can be seen as "it's ok to walk into service ontario with your landing paper and get coverage."

to me, eligibility MEANS you have all 3 documents required to apply for ohip. If service ontario doesn't consider someone eligible with only a landing document, i don't know how its in peoples best interest to tell them "as soon as you have landing papers" you are eligible for OHIP.
Oh how I missed frivolous arguments on Canada Visa..

@OP: What is not said in either settlement.org's page (maintained by MOHLTC), or the above is that you'll need to visit a full service Service Ontario office. So I would call ahead to verify that your local office does issue OHIP (and is full service or not). Some only do DLs and Ontario ID cards.

Both myself, and CDNPR2014 neglected to touch on that nuance between offices. My apologies.

I know the above to be true, as a natural born Ontarian, and having recently (less than a year ago) helped my wife to get access to OHIP.

Rani1027

Jul 16, 2016
Re: Applying for OHIP after landing

Could someone explain this please?

Leaving Ontario for more than 30 days in the first six months immediately after establishing residence in Ontario will impact your OHIP coverage and affect the start date of your three-month waiting period.
It can result in a new three-month waiting period being applied as most new and returning residents to Ontario are required to be physically present in Ontario for 153 days in the first 183 days after residence is established in Ontario in order to maintain OHIP coverage.
The requirement to be physically present in Ontario for 153 days in the first 183 days after residence is established in Ontario only applies to new or returning residents:
Who move to Ontario from another country or
Who move to Ontario from another province/territory where they were not covered by the health insurance of that province/territory

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Re: Applying for OHIP after landing

Rani1027 said:
Could someone explain this please?

Leaving Ontario for more than 30 days in the first six months immediately after establishing residence in Ontario will impact your OHIP coverage and affect the start date of your three-month waiting period.
It can result in a new three-month waiting period being applied as most new and returning residents to Ontario are required to be physically present in Ontario for 153 days in the first 183 days after residence is established in Ontario in order to maintain OHIP coverage.
The requirement to be physically present in Ontario for 153 days in the first 183 days after residence is established in Ontario only applies to new or returning residents:
Who move to Ontario from another country or
Who move to Ontario from another province/territory where they were not covered by the health insurance of that province/territory
They require the OHIP applicant to be physically present for the first 6 months in Ontario. If the applicant leaves for 30 days or more, they will restart the 3 month wait. It's only for the first 6 months. Once that's established, long term travel is ok.