+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upgrading my WES ECA from document by document to course by course

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends

I need to seek admission to colleges in Ontario. The admission process is routed through their online system OCAS. For securing admission, the OCAS must transmit our ECA evaluation done by WES (this is different from the evaluation done for immigration). Now, I am confused as what should I select among the list of options to make an upgrade -

1) Add new courses and my final degree
2) Add new courses but I have not received my final degree
3) Add another credential
4) Upgrade from a document by document to a course by course evaluation
5) Upgrade from an ECA report to a standard document by document evaluation
6) Upgrade from an ECA report to a standard course by course evaluation

So, it is very obvious that options 1, 2 and 3 are irrelevant. I already have an WES ECA (document by document) evaluation done for immigration. So what should I select from 4 or 6.

Any help in this regard would be appreciated. Thnx.

viegasdaj

Jan 9, 2015
You can update to course by course, the have options when you click, just tick for study. You donot need to send any documents. I got certificate in 2 weeks.
Cheers

Adexxy

Aug 24, 2016
@viegasdaj Am surprised then that I am being asked to submit new documents to upgrade from ECA to Course by Course.

Did your Status show "Waiting for required documents" at any point during your upgrade application? that is what is on my status for the past 2 days that i have paid.

Worst of all efforts to contact WES for clarification has been unsuccessful as they have not responded to my inquiry as ever.

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not very sure, if it asked me for any documents, since they have already been furnished at the time of D-t-D evaluation.

If you have added any qualification not mentioned earlier, then it will ask you for the documents.

viegasdaj

Jan 9, 2015
@Adxxy- Ya there was waiting for documents for 3 days and then documents received. But they did not ask any document. I did my first one in September, 2014.

Miss Kaur

Aug 7, 2018
Thanks guys. They did the upgrade without any additional document.
hiiii.....i want to upgrade eca report to course by course report....my old ECA report is 4 years old. Can i upgrade that report or should i start it refresh.i tried to fill information to upgrade report but in the end it asked docments,although i dont have any additional degree ir document.will it give me a new reference no. i really need help. thanx in advance

I_CanFly

Jun 25, 2019
You can update to course by course, the have options when you click, just tick for study. You donot need to send any documents. I got certificate in 2 weeks.
Cheers
Hello...
Can u please help...
I already have a WES report which I wish to upgrade to course by course evaluation andsend to ontariocolleges.ca.

Will WES send it to omtariocolleges.ca or do I have to send it after receipt?

The WES website asks for name of INSTITUTION where they can mail the upgraded report. What do I put in this section?
Please help.