+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

upgrade WES report

gmsalahuddin

Jan 4, 2018
Hi,
Could you please help me understanding the process of upgrading WES report?
I got my Bachelor degree assessed by WES.
Now I want to add my EMBA degree.
1. Can I use the same reference number that I used for my Bachelor degree?
2. Is the WES form different for adding another credential or it is the same as I used for my Bachelor's degree?
3. How much does it cost?
4. Do I need to send my Bachelor degree documents again?

I made a mess here. I did not know they would consider my EMBA as MS degree, so I did not sent it with my Bachelor degree the first time. When I came to know that they do consider it, I sent my EMBA degree documents but by then the evaluation process had been completed.
I read that the upgrade fee is CAD 100. I can pay the fee now. But would that be enough?
Or should I send the EMBA document again?
Also do they change the WES reference number?
Please someone help me.
Thanks.
-gms

manboarpig

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
After the upgrade evaluation is complete, you'll get a new ECA reference number, which includes the old assessment plus the new one.

gmsalahuddin

Jan 4, 2018
After the upgrade evaluation is complete, you'll get a new ECA reference number, which includes the old assessment plus the new one.
The first time I applied for my BSC degree, WES issued a reference number which had to be written in all the documents and the envelop that I sent to them. Will they issue another reference number once I apply for my ECA report upgradation with "Add another credential"? If they issue another reference number, then should I write that new reference on the envelop that I would send to them for my MBA degree? Would that create any problem having two reference number?

immiknowhow

Jan 27, 2018
As per their website

If your evaluation has been completed, it cannot be modified, but you can update your report.

• To add a completed degree, new courses, a new credential, or upgrade your Document-by-Document evaluation to a Course-by-Course evaluation:
  • If you have a Document-by-Document or Course-by-Course report and need an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration:
    • Under "Completed", click on "Order Duplicate IRCC"
  • If you have an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and want an evaluation for a purpose other than immigration:
    • Under “Completed", click “Order Duplicate Standard”

gmsalahuddin

Jan 4, 2018
As per their website

If your evaluation has been completed, it cannot be modified, but you can update your report.

• To add a completed degree, new courses, a new credential, or upgrade your Document-by-Document evaluation to a Course-by-Course evaluation:
  • If you have a Document-by-Document or Course-by-Course report and need an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration:
    • Under "Completed", click on "Order Duplicate IRCC"
  • If you have an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and want an evaluation for a purpose other than immigration:
    • Under “Completed", click “Order Duplicate Standard”
I understand that I need to make another application for adding my MBA degree with the existing ECA report.
My question is, if I apply again, would they issue another reference number?
If they do, then I would have two reference number; which one should I use for sending my document?
Do I need to send the previous document(BSC degree which is already being evaluated by WES) also?
Please help me if you know clearly about this.

kartheek89

May 21, 2017
Hyderabad
NOC Code......
I understand that I need to make another application for adding my MBA degree with the existing ECA report.
My question is, if I apply again, would they issue another reference number?
If they do, then I would have two reference number; which one should I use for sending my document?
Do I need to send the previous document(BSC degree which is already being evaluated by WES) also?
Please help me if you know clearly about this.
your updated reference No will have both the ECAs i.e the first one for Bachelors and Second one for masters.. so dont worry

Dhyom

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Hi
I want to upgrade eca to course by course evaluation but it's asking to add credentials which I don't have as I want my earlier submitted documents only to be upgraded. What should I do? Will I have to send transcripts again? Pls help.

bellissima

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Hi
I want to upgrade eca to course by course evaluation but it's asking to add credentials which I don't have as I want my earlier submitted documents only to be upgraded. What should I do? Will I have to send transcripts again? Pls help.

Same situation here. Did you submit a request for report upgrade?

mynaraja

Jul 15, 2018
Hi,
Could you please help me understanding the process of upgrading WES report?
I got my Bachelor degree assessed by WES.
Now I want to add my EMBA degree.
1. Can I use the same reference number that I used for my Bachelor degree?
2. Is the WES form different for adding another credential or it is the same as I used for my Bachelor's degree?
3. How much does it cost?
4. Do I need to send my Bachelor degree documents again?

I made a mess here. I did not know they would consider my EMBA as MS degree, so I did not sent it with my Bachelor degree the first time. When I came to know that they do consider it, I sent my EMBA degree documents but by then the evaluation process had been completed.
I read that the upgrade fee is CAD 100. I can pay the fee now. But would that be enough?
Or should I send the EMBA document again?
Also do they change the WES reference number?
Please someone help me.
Thanks.
-gms
Hi gmsalahuddin,

Have you completed this. I am also in the same situation now. missed to add MCA part time assuming they wont accept it. My bad. Now I need to add the course, But unable to do in WES, can you assist me in this , please?

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Any update on whether to send transcripts again or not ?

karam2233

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Hi there,
In this case, which ECA number and date of issue should be used when filling in the EE profile. The most recent ECA report obtained for both bachelor and Master, correct?

Thanks for the help.
Kaik
i am in the same boat, I received a new wes number when I added my mba, should I update my bachelor reference number?

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Can someone update regarding this please? Is it faster to get the evaluation when we add new credential on existing completed one? Please tell me how long it took