+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront re-medical IME number differ now!

Mansi.k

Jun 19, 2022
Hi everyone
My medical for express entry was expiring on 15th may 2022 so i got upfront medical done on 3rd may 2022 and uploaded it through webform. However, on 17th may 2022 i received letter of request for re-medical containing pdf with different IME number and bar code as on upfront medical done on 3rd may.
We called the medical centre, they said they will email the embassy requesting to merge the IME numbers.
However, on 18th june 2022 we received a message from IRCC that medical is not received.
Did anyone face the same issue?
If yes please suggest the way to resolve.
Help will be appreciated.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I faced this problem, IRCC is taking many months to update upfront medicals. Just give a new medical exam from a different clinic on the IME number sent by IRCC, it will be updated in your profile within a week.

Mansi.k

Jun 19, 2022
Oh ok
I am confused now. I think i will wait since i have raised the reequest of IME number merge by hospital and through webform too.

johneyB

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022
Hi everyone,
I faced the same issue. I had sent my upfront medical result, but I received medical request again while the upfront is still valid and can be considered valid up to five years according to the new rule. I already used the webform last Friday, but I am not sure how long it takes to receive any reply. I was given less than 30 days to send the medical result with a new IME.
Any help would be appreciated, please keep us updated.

Last edited:

zac0999

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Beijing & New Jersey
Similar for me. I did an upfront remed right after the 1st remed request (without un IME assigned) and 5 days later I received another remed request along with a new IME #. I sent a webform asking IRCC to use the upfront medical report. 30 days later an agent wrote me saying everything was done. I got my PPR already so this should be fine.

johneyB

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022
Similar for me. I did an upfront remed right after the 1st remed request (without un IME assigned) and 5 days later I received another remed request along with a new IME #. I sent a webform asking IRCC to use the upfront medical report. 30 days later an agent wrote me saying everything was done. I got my PPR already so this should be fine.
Thanks for the info.
Would you recommend undergoing another medical exam or wait until they reply?
The upfront medical sheet was already included in the application package. I don't think they missed it.

mohitbahl

Star Member
Nov 27, 2020
It is strictly advised not to go for upfront medicals by IRCC. They have said that dont take any medical tests until requested. I got my remedical request a few days back and then went for it. I just waited patiently. Upfront medicals always lead to delays in application processing

Reactions: kuskus

johneyB

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022
It is strictly advised not to go for upfront medicals by IRCC. They have said that dont take any medical tests until requested. I got my remedical request a few days back and then went for it. I just waited patiently. Upfront medicals always lead to delays in application processing
If you were applying for Express entry you had no choice but to provide the upfront medical exam. The portal wouldn't let you proceed to the next step.

mohitbahl

Star Member
Nov 27, 2020
If you were applying for Express entry you had no choice but to provide the upfront medical exam. The portal wouldn't let you proceed to the next step.
I am talking about the remedical requests, for those people whose medical is already expired. In such cases, need to wait till you get a request to do the medical again

Reactions: kuskus

johneyB

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022
I am talking about the remedical requests, for those people whose medical is already expired. In such cases, need to wait till you get a request to do the medical again
Oh. Ok.
What do you think about the upfront medical result which is still valid but it wasn't recognized and IRCC requested for the medical exam. Should we retake the test?

mohitbahl

Star Member
Nov 27, 2020
Not sure on this. If you are applying for a fresh Express Entry profile, then there should not have been any issue.