+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

upfront medicals

krisashok

Feb 23, 2008
Hi members,
I am wondering,when you go for upfront medicals, what are the documents required to show to the doctors? I think Appendix C form in region specific form that would be enough.Am i right?will DMP accept that? what are the documents DMP will ask for upfront medical?Do i need any more documents from CIC? .I am sponsoring (outland)my wife from India.

Luiza

Nov 25, 2008
Brazil
I only needed to take pictures in the required size, passport, and I guess that was all - don't quite remember if the DMP asked for anything else. I also took the Appendix with me but the doctor didn't even look at it.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Take the medical request with 2 pictures of 35x45mm white background, passport and any medical reports for ongoing treatments or recent suregeries if any and of course the fee. That is all. Good luck.

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
the doctor asked for 5 pics, there were many papers for him to filled and he needed those photos.

why dont you call the doc and ask him what you should bring with u

M

med

the best way as aboujassem put it is to call the doctor and ask him abt what u will need for that and thats it

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

med said:
the best way as aboujassem put it is to call the doctor and ask him abt what u will need for that and thats it
Better still, why not just read the instructions? For example in the Immigrant Guide

Step Action
Make an appointment with a Designated Medical Practitioner (DMP) for you and each required family
member. DMP in your region: www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx
Fill out Appendix C and bring it and the following items if applicable for you and each of your family
members to your medical appointment:
• Appendix C
• Passport and photocopies of the biographical data pages (this is the page that shows the date of
birth, the country of origin, etc.)
• If no passport is available, provide an official identity document bearing a photo and the date of
birth of the family member
• Eye glasses or contact lenses
• Previous medical reports, prescriptions or treatments
• 5 recent photos, taken within six months preceding the date of your examination
• Immigration client identification number (ID #), if known
The DMP will give you Copy 2 of the Medical Report: IMM 1017 EFC - Medical Report Section A.
Include the original of Copy 2 with your application. (Photocopies will not be accepted.)
4 The DMP will send your results to the appropriate medical office for processing.

PMM

krisashok

Feb 23, 2008
Thanks PMM and other members . I have one more doubts, the supporting documents for proof of relationship , the dates of the documents should be after marriage. I kept some documents before marriage too. So, CIC will accept that?

Luiza

Nov 25, 2008
Brazil
Yes, they will accept the proofs since before getting married too. I sent proofs of the relationship since over 1 year ago. Trips together, pictures...

M

med

documents that poove ur relationship to ur husband are not oinly the post marriage ones but also the pre marriage staff . all will help for sure good luck

krisashok

Feb 23, 2008
hi med,
thanks i have a doubt -I am only sponsoring my spouse what box do we check off on the sponsorship evaluation form? -
"Number of family members & person included in undertaking in effect and not yet in effect"
Yourself__?
Current undertaking_?

7.Total number of persons in 4,5 and 6 above?
Add the number entered in the boxes above
and write the total here ?
what is the answers?

M

med

yourself you put 1
current undertaking u put 1
and total number u put 2
thats it good luck

M

med

krisashok if you have kids u need include them too , so tell us if u have some or not and how many so that we can help you ;

M

med

then u just answer as i told you previuosly , good luck and keep us posted

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
med said:
While that should be good advice, I've learned it can actually just slow you down. I called the DMP for our country - there's only one in the country, so I don't get to choose which one to go to - and they told me that I should wait until AFTER I submit my application to take the medical. They insisted I will be contacted by the visa office after they receive my application, even though that is not how it will be. The doctor's office had the wrong information and it took several phone conversations and a lot of patience to convince them I knew better than them. It's a good thing I didn't listen to them.

So, stick to the online instructions.