+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront Medicals for Couple. Two UCI's????

dannymp

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I have a quick question for upfront medical.

If I do upfront medical for myself and my spouse will doctor's office issue 2 different UMI's??

Or it'll be only one for my self(primary applicant) and my spouse will be uploaded under mu UMI???

I tried to look this info on older threads but couldn't fine it so have to start new thread....

Thank you

Danny

Chelsea091

Sep 14, 2013
When you go to your medical doctor just give your UCI and your wife UCI that is yourclient id in your work permit. And your doctor can find it in their file coz CIC i know they send it already. Just wait for the others opinion.

riley99

Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife had a previous student permit UCI number.
We recently did an upfront medical for our spousal sponshorship and we weren't clear if we should give the doctor the old UCI number.. He was clueless and had an argument with his receptionist and the answer was inconclusive. At the end of the day we got a new UCI for the upfront medical, and did not include a UCI on our spousal sponsorship..
I think i will mention this info in a cover letter, i just hope it doesn't get returned. I think if you have a doctor representing the CIC medical process he should know the procedures.. What the hell is he paid for.
Opinions appreciated.
Thanks

dannymp

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
riley99 said:
My wife had a previous student permit UCI number.
We recently did an upfront medical for our spousal sponshorship and we weren't clear if we should give the doctor the old UCI number.. He was clueless and had an argument with his receptionist and the answer was inconclusive. At the end of the day we got a new UCI for the upfront medical, and did not include a UCI on our spousal sponsorship..
I think i will mention this info in a cover letter, i just hope it doesn't get returned. I think if you have a doctor representing the CIC medical process he should know the procedures.. What the hell is he paid for.
Opinions appreciated.
Thanks
Hi

As long as I know no matter you apply for study permit or work permit after study. the "UCI" remains same........

You have to give ur UCI to doctor's office and they will generate UMI for you. Doctor's office can not generate UCI's.

Danny

riley99

Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Danny,
Well something is generated in an upfront medical if you do not give a previous UCI number. There is a barcode and all.

Thanks for your reply.