+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront Medicals - CIC not accepting proof of appointment?

julcy

Mar 30, 2014
Hi hive mind..

My partner is going through Express Entry now, had an ITA and could not book medical upfront due to holidays and his application deadline approaching. On the application it does say if you can't provide upfront medicals, you must provide proof of appointment - which he supplied.

He just received mail from CIC that they cancelled his application due to not having upfront medicals...

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there someway to contact CIC to show them this error?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am really sorry to hear this. I read the completeness check on the CIC website and it states "The applicant must provide a copy of either the information printout sheet or the Upfront Medical Report form [IMM 1017B], whichever the panel physician provides upon completion of the medical examination.
Exceptions are made only in rare circumstances that are outside of the client’s control (e.g., cancellation of appointment by panel physician at last minute without time to reschedule).
In exceptional circumstances, CIC may accept proof that a medical appointment is scheduled; or
a letter of explanation of best efforts. However, these are not a guarantee of acceptance."
With 60 days to book the medical, it may be difficult to convince the VO that the holidays near the end of the two month period are sufficient reason for noncompliance. Did you include a letter of explanation with your application? Have you tried a Case specific enquiry? All the best.

julcy

Mar 30, 2014
Pippin said:
I am really sorry to hear this. I read the completeness check on the CIC website and it states "The applicant must provide a copy of either the information printout sheet or the Upfront Medical Report form [IMM 1017B], whichever the panel physician provides upon completion of the medical examination.
Exceptions are made only in rare circumstances that are outside of the client’s control (e.g., cancellation of appointment by panel physician at last minute without time to reschedule).
In exceptional circumstances, CIC may accept proof that a medical appointment is scheduled; or
a letter of explanation of best efforts. However, these are not a guarantee of acceptance."
With 60 days to book the medical, it may be difficult to convince the VO that the holidays near the end of the two month period are sufficient reason for noncompliance. Did you include a letter of explanation with your application? Have you tried a Case specific enquiry? All the best.
Thanks Pippin. I guess that is the downside to living in Vancouver..everywhere was booked..there was no way to get an earlier appointment. On the form it doesn't mention that its for exceptional circumstances sadly.. We'll definitely try submitting a case specific enquiry! Thank you!

EliseHuynh

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Mar 7
IELTS Request
None
Passport Req..
July 29, 20016
VISA ISSUED...
August 30, 2016
LANDED..........
September 10, 2016
Pippin said:
I also have the same situation. Since I applied a Canadian visa before, I think that I will wait a letter from CIC to do medical test. Then, I read the instruction when getting ITA with very good feeling, I do not check carefully. I think that I will be rejected. But please do it quickly, so that I can re-apply again. I do not understand why CIC is so strictly on this issue.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
julcy said:
Thanks Pippin. I guess that is the downside to living in Vancouver..everywhere was booked..there was no way to get an earlier appointment. On the form it doesn't mention that its for exceptional circumstances sadly.. We'll definitely try submitting a case specific enquiry! Thank you!
Be sure to include evidence of your attempts to book the earliest appt.

thatguy56

Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
Also try to include a polite and succinct letter of explanation to your situation. That will help the VO to understand your situation much better.