+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront Medical

John601

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Hello everyone,

I recently got my upfront medical done and to my surprise I had high BP during the test. I am a fit individual and I think that had happened due to anxiety. My doctor asked me to get an ECG done and hasn't yet shared the details of all these tests with me.

I am a little worried due to that and don't know if I would get a student visa anymore. Would they be calling me for any further tests? How would I know that my results are fine? Need your views on the same.

Also, how can I check my results online?

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

I recently got my upfront medical done and to my surprise I had high BP during the test. I am a fit individual and I think that had happened due to anxiety. My doctor asked me to get an ECG done and hasn't yet shared the details of all these tests with me.

I am a little worried due to that and don't know if I would get a student visa anymore. Would they be calling me for any further tests? How would I know that my results are fine? Need your views on the same.

Also, how can I check my results online?

Thanks
You likely had white coat syndrome. They would have told you if there was some irregularities picked up in you ECG. You can’t view your medical results online. It will only say approved, more testing or procedural fairness.

John601

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
You likely had white coat syndrome. They would have told you if there was some irregularities picked up in you ECG. You can’t view your medical results online. It will only say approved, more testing or procedural fairness.
Thankyou so much for your response.

I had my medical done on 25th Sept and applied for my student visa on 15th October, haven't received any follow up from IRCC regarding my medical. I hope the results are alright because if they needed any further testing based on those results, they would have contacted me by now. What do you think?

John601

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Hello sir @canuck78 , I finally got my medical case and under ECG it says sinus tachycardia within normal limits, also my serum creatinine results and other medical tests came out normal. Can you please tell me what does this mean? Don't really know what they mean by those ECG results.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello sir @canuck78 , I finally got my medical case and under ECG it says sinus tachycardia within normal limits, also my serum creatinine results and other medical tests came out normal. Can you please tell me what does this mean? Don't really know what they mean by those ECG results.
Not a sir. Nothing problematic was found in your medical based on the information you posted. You should pass your medical.

Reactions: John601

Dharmikdonda111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Same happened in my case. After asking for my ecg report they e-mailes me and the report says I had tachycardia heart rate was fast above 100. Will this affect my visa ? Anyone got visa with this situation please help me out

Dharmikdonda111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Did you get the visa or was asked to do any other tests . I was also told to do ecg and my heart rate was fast. Please do help me if you have tackled the situation