+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront medical - we have no UCI as it is PRE application, so why is it needed?

Paragone

Nov 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even the Panel Physicians request an IMM1017 form(I am assuming they mean one with personal data already added), which you CANNOT get unless you are already in the system(which we are not, since it is, again, PRE application).

Unless they mean the IMM1017SCLE, which I can bring(and which, I might add, is next to IMPOSSIBLE to find when searching for 'IMM1017E').

There seems to be some confusion regarding upfront medicals.

How is it that no one else is finding themselves in our situation?

Are there really that many applicants who are ALREADY in the system(UCI) PRIOR to submitting an application?

If so, how did they enter the system without making an application first?

In any case, we are NOT in the system, so I am requesting advice on how my wife should best go about receiving an upfront medical WITHOUT a UCI number.

Thanks.

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-09-2014 Rcvd 27-09-2014, 29-09-2014
AOR Received.
SA :04-09-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014 AOR2 09-23-2014
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015 Validity-10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
Paragone said:

In any case, we are NOT in the system, so I am requesting advice on how my wife should best go about receiving an upfront medical WITHOUT a UCI number.

Thanks.
Your not alone lots of applicants find themselves in this situation.

Your wife needs to call or visit the office and tell them that she needs an upfront medical for family class immigration to Canada.

CIC no longer uses the stated forms they use the upfront medical system e-medical and the doctors are aware of it however some of them seem to forget. Tell your wife to be insistent with them of what she really needs. If she still has a hard time getting it done try to choose another panel phys.

Chris

Jonesy319

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Elstead, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2014
AOR Received.
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
What Chris said...

I did have the same situation, I am sponsoring my partner and had his medical done up-front. He simply told the panel physicians when getting his medical done he was being sponsored. No issues.

They kept hold of his medical and gave him a copy of the log sheet which we included in our sponsorship package - that's how they match the two things together. Panel physicians send the medical direct.

We went our application in December, I received AOR last week and now we have a number. Still waiting for SA.

Everyone who is going through family sponsorship for the first time will have this experience.

Good luck
Jonesy

Good luck!

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paragone said:
Even the Panel Physicians request an IMM1017 form(I am assuming they mean one with personal data already added), which you CANNOT get unless you are already in the system(which we are not, since it is, again, PRE application).
Unless they mean the IMM1017SCLE, which I can bring(and which, I might add, is next to IMPOSSIBLE to find when searching for 'IMM1017E').
There seems to be some confusion regarding upfront medicals.
Are there really that many applicants who are ALREADY in the system(UCI) PRIOR to submitting an application?
If so, how did they enter the system without making an application first?
Thanks.
You appear from your previous posts to have become exasperated by the system, unsurprisingly: many of us have a similar reaction. However if you do some more reading on this forum on the issue of upfront medicals everything you need to know about that particular corner of the problem will be revealed! Have a look at this link http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/medical-exam-t262106.0.html;msg3970931#msg3970931 one of the many threads on this forum where you will find your current question already answered.. That particular thread contains a rather long winded precis by me of the rules concerning upfront medicals which you may (or may not) find helpful but of more relevance to your question on the present thread is rhcohen2014's short post dated 27 January 2015. Not all panel physicians understand the rules, which are fairly recent. The magic words to utter are that your wife needs an upfront medical, that under the new system the Form IMM1017 is supplied (and signed) at the end of the medical by the panel physician, not by the applicant, and that your wife does not need an UCI before undergoing the medical. The medical bears its own reference number. Your wife will receive her UCI at a later stage after your sponsorship has been approved and when your wife's application is being scrutinized at the Visa Office. I only found out mine for example shortly before my application for permanent residency was approved.

Paragone

Nov 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks.

I was insistent, and everything is going according to procedure now.

They only stressed that I bring a IMM1017 form if I have one.

Of course, if I had one, it would not be an upfront medical, lol.

But, it is done now.

It is just important to clarify with the panel physician, that this is an *upfront* medical, so that there is no misunderstanding.

sm07

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
DO I NEED UCI NUMBER FOR MY NEWLY BORN BABY PRIOR DOING UPFRONT MEDICAL?

I added my newborn child recently in my application. Previously I applied with myself and my husband and we have not landed yet. My baby is US CITIZEN and have his birth certificate. We talked with immigration physician at USA location and they said that newborn does not require passport for medical. We can do upfront medical with birth certificate only. I have already submitted the IMM0008, IMM 5406 document, picture and payment of $225. We have not received any update yet. Do I need UCI number for my newly added child prior doing upfront medical? @legalfalcon