+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront Medical Type ?

Jasdeep0609

Apr 27, 2016
Hi Guys,

I am applying under CEC express entry.
Just want to confirm on my medical status.

My medical upfront form which i received from the clinics has following informations

IME: Non- EDE
Upfront medical type: PR

Just want to confirm if medical type should be PR or something else as when my friends did the medical exam the Upfront Medical Type is Worker for them.
Kindly reply experts. Just waiting for this last confirmation before applying for the PR.

Last edited:

Jasdeep0609

Apr 27, 2016
You are applying for PR so it says PR. Why does what it says on your friend's medical have anything to do with you?
Because he is also applying for PR, and his one says Worker, so that put me in a state on confusion.
I wasn't sure about this so that's why I am asking.
Moreover these forums are meant to clear your confusion and doubts. NO one forced you to read or comment on my post.

HelloCanada_2020

Mar 4, 2020
We had the same confusion as the medical type for us was — Worker for main applicant and visitor for dependents. But for a friends family it was worker for all inspite of his family member’s visitor status. To clear up my confusion, i had called the medical clinic and Was assured that the type would not affect the results. I cleared my medicals a week back. If you are confused, you can call the clinic and ask !

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Because he is also applying for PR, and his one says Worker, so that put me in a state on confusion.
I wasn't sure about this so that's why I am asking.
Moreover these forums are meant to clear your confusion and doubts. NO one forced you to read or comment on my post.
Sorry Jasdeeep. You are absolutely correct. No one forced me to read or comment on your post. I was only trying to keep you from making yourself crazy following and worrying over details that you don't understand and have no control over - and that ultimately mean nothing to your case. I won't make that mistake again.

Reactions: Jasdeep0609

Asli

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Mine says worker. But PR should be alright too in my opinion.
Hello. I was wondering if you had any trouble because upfront medical type written as "worker" even though you has the exam for PR application. I went to upfront medical exam this Saturday with my family and even though I told them we are there for PR application, I realized they wrote "worker" for me and my husband and "visitor" for my kids. Thank you :)

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
Hello. I was wondering if you had any trouble because upfront medical type written as "worker" even though you has the exam for PR application. I went to upfront medical exam this Saturday with my family and even though I told them we are there for PR application, I realized they wrote "worker" for me and my husband and "visitor" for my kids. Thank you :)
No it wasn't a problem for me.