+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront Medical Type Option Withdrawel by CIC.

Kanchan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2016
Hello!

I am desperately waiting to learn the following issues:

1. I recently did my medical along with my 2 dependent children. While filling up the information sheet of e-medical, we noticed that the option of 'Family (EDE)' was withdrawn in March 2017 and was no longer available for Upfront medical examinations. The remaining options available were Student, Visitor and Worker only. I had no ways rather than selecting option Visitor. Is this going to affect my application?

2. I had received form IMM 1017 (E) for myself as well as for my children from the CIC. I took them to my Panel Physician during my appointment. At the end of the medical exams, he informed me that he has submitted our reports online and there was no need to scan and submit the signed form IMM 1017. The forms are filled and signed by him and are with me. However our medical reports have been submitted online. I am confused and do not know what to do with the forms now.

3. My application is linked (though late - took me more than 7 days to do it) to CIC. However I do not find and option to upload documents. is it available only when we are asked to upload/submit any document required by CIC?

4. While receiving emails from CIC, it was clearly mentioned that we were to submit the medical report as well as Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) within 30 days from the day those emails were dated. form IMM 5669 was sent many days ago. We have not received anything after that. There is no update in my linked application. How would we know if the form was received by CIC?

I hope someone favors me with the answers to my issues mentioned above. Thank you for your time.

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Hello!

I am desperately waiting to learn the following issues:

1. I recently did my medical along with my 2 dependent children. While filling up the information sheet of e-medical, we noticed that the option of 'Family (EDE)' was withdrawn in March 2017 and was no longer available for Upfront medical examinations. The remaining options available were Student, Visitor and Worker only. I had no ways rather than selecting option Visitor. Is this going to affect my application?

2. I had received form IMM 1017 (E) for myself as well as for my children from the CIC. I took them to my Panel Physician during my appointment. At the end of the medical exams, he informed me that he has submitted our reports online and there was no need to scan and submit the signed form IMM 1017. The forms are filled and signed by him and are with me. However our medical reports have been submitted online. I am confused and do not know what to do with the forms now.

3. My application is linked (though late - took me more than 7 days to do it) to CIC. However I do not find and option to upload documents. is it available only when we are asked to upload/submit any document required by CIC?

4. While receiving emails from CIC, it was clearly mentioned that we were to submit the medical report as well as Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) within 30 days from the day those emails were dated. form IMM 5669 was sent many days ago. We have not received anything after that. There is no update in my linked application. How would we know if the form was received by CIC?

I hope someone favors me with the answers to my issues mentioned above. Thank you for your time.
Hi,
For medical, you need not upload anything. The panel physician's office will collect all the test results and upload them to CIC. You will get to see the updates in your MyCIC account. (Though I hear now, it's taking a lot more time for the myCIC to reflect the update.)
For, Schedule A, yes you need to upload them from the myCIC account. Once you open your application, there'll be an option to upload the documents. (It will also be explained in the request you'd have got.)

Reactions: Kanchan

Kanchan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2016
Hi,
For medical, you need not upload anything. The panel physician's office will collect all the test results and upload them to CIC. You will get to see the updates in your MyCIC account. (Though I hear now, it's taking a lot more time for the myCIC to reflect the update.)
For, Schedule A, yes you need to upload them from the myCIC account. Once you open your application, there'll be an option to upload the documents. (It will also be explained in the request you'd have got.)
Hi,
Hi,
Thank you for advice.
My medical reports along with my children's have been submitted by the panel physician on 12th of March.
Now when I log into MyCIC account and check status and messages, it says that they haven't received our reports yet. How's that possible?

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Hi,
Thank you for advice.
My medical reports along with my children's have been submitted by the panel physician on 12th of March.
Now when I log into MyCIC account and check status and messages, it says that they haven't received our reports yet. How's that possible?
(I have read somewhere the Medical reports are getting delayed, due to high volume. Not sure how genuine is this).
You could call the Physician's office and ask for the date they submitted and tell them IRCC doesnt reflect the update.
You can also, call the IRCC customer care and inform.

Kanchan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2016
(I have read somewhere the Medical reports are getting delayed, due to high volume. Not sure how genuine is this).
You could call the Physician's office and ask for the date they submitted and tell them IRCC doesnt reflect the update.
You can also, call the IRCC customer care and inform.
Hello,
Thank u for sharing your suggestions.
Actually the problem is medical type. In IMM 1017 created by CIC for me, the type is EDE (IME code provided) whereas the clinic is unable to link it as the option Family EDE isn't available anymore. The only options available are Non-EDE (UMI code) (Visitor, Student and Worker). I had to choose one as my medical wouldn't proceed further without the profile.
Now I have two codes, EMI for EDE created by CIC and UMI for non-EDE visitor created by the physician. The main reason is family EDE option being withdrawn by CIC since March, 2017.
I do not know how to link these two codes. My Medical status on myCIC account says that they did not receive my reports. There's no email address of IRCC where I can write and explain. Is there any other way to contact IRCC and explain them my issue?

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Hello,
Thank u for sharing your suggestions.
Actually the problem is medical type. In IMM 1017 created by CIC for me, the type is EDE (IME code provided) whereas the clinic is unable to link it as the option Family EDE isn't available anymore. The only options available are Non-EDE (UMI code) (Visitor, Student and Worker). I had to choose one as my medical wouldn't proceed further without the profile.
Now I have two codes, EMI for EDE created by CIC and UMI for non-EDE visitor created by the physician. The main reason is family EDE option being withdrawn by CIC since March, 2017.
I do not know how to link these two codes. My Medical status on myCIC account says that they did not receive my reports. There's no email address of IRCC where I can write and explain. Is there any other way to contact IRCC and explain them my issue?
if you have linked your application online, you can go there and contact them through webform. Or call the IRCC.

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.