+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront medical test - Work visa

naina03

Oct 3, 2016
Hi,

We have to get the upfront medical tests for Canada work visa (ICT).
The immigration team has just told to get it done and has not given any document. I am just wondering will the hospital do the tests without any document from our side.
Please suggest.
Which docs do we have to carry to the hospital?
And what doc will we receive from the hospital after the test? some acknowledgement?

We have to get it done in Fortis, Bangalore.

Thanks!

abhi141989

May 9, 2012
Visa Office......
Online (SOWP)
App. Filed.......
04-02-2017
File Transfer...
04-02-2017
Med's Request
03-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-05-2017 (Non eMedical) ; Passed on 09-05-2017
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
When you go to your appointment, you must bring:

proper identification (you will need at least one document your photograph and signature, such as a passport, driver’s licence or national identity card)
eye glasses or contact lenses, if you wear them
any medical reports or test results that you have regarding to previous or existing medical conditions, and
the Medical Report form (IMM 1017E), if you do not undergo an up-front medical exam. The visa office will send you this form.

You may have to bring:

Four recent photographs. You will need to bring these only if the doctor you select from the list of panel physicians does not work with CIC via the eMedical electronic system. Please check with the doctor’s office when you book your appointment.

See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp

jedbanz

Mar 22, 2017
Hello sir good day, i am applying for a work there in canada but as of now I'm still searching for a work im her now in Jeddah Saudi Arabia working as a 3PL Truck Driver delivery of nestle..mondelez products to the supermarkets warehouses and wholesalers.

pferdestarke

Aug 9, 2017
Hi,

We have to get the upfront medical tests for Canada work visa (ICT).
The immigration team has just told to get it done and has not given any document. I am just wondering will the hospital do the tests without any document from our side.
Please suggest.
Which docs do we have to carry to the hospital?
And what doc will we receive from the hospital after the test? some acknowledgement?

We have to get it done in Fortis, Bangalore.

Thanks!
In January 2018, Fortis Hospitals (Bannerghatta Road) charged INR 4350 for each applicant.
Medical Test Fees: INR 4100.
Fortis Registration Fees: INR 250.

Documents Required:

2 x Passport-size photos of Canadian Visa specifications (85% face)
1 x Photocopy of the Passport (front and back pages)
Passport in Original
Copy of ITA (optional)

Procedure:
  • Take prior appointment over phone. A confirmation SMS will be sent. Walk-ins are also allowed.
  • Reach hospital and queue up at the Immigration Health Check Up desk at the reception.
  • Photocopy of the Passport will be collected and a Medical History form will be provided.
  • Fill up the form and queue up again.
  • Pay the fees and verify if the name, age, DoB details on the receipt are correct.
  • The receptionist will instruct to complete the following in order:
  • Urine test,
  • Blood test,
  • Height, Weight,
  • Blood Pressure
  • X-ray
  • Doctor's Consultation
  • Collect labels for samples and proceed to the lab (Room 150)
  • A HIV Test consent form should be filled up prior to the blood test.
  • Height and weight will be recorded and blood sample will be collected.
  • Proceed to the Radiology section soon after.
  • Get a token in the lobby and wait for your turn for chest X-ray.
  • Proceed to meet the designated doctor.
  • Doctor will perform a physical examination (for evidence of surgeries), simple eye test and ask a few questions.
  • Return to the reception for collecting the acknowledgement.
  • The receptionist will take a photograph and inform you about the time-frame for eMedical upload.
Optional: Grumble about the blood sample collection experience or the waiting times at each stage!

That's all folks. :)

Reactions: lok254

manjo

Mar 7, 2011
Hello Everyone,
My company is processing ICT for me and I am applying for work permit myself. My question is in my application list, i see that medical test is under required list of applications. In this case, should i complete upfront medical test and then submit the application or will CIC ask me to submit the medical during processing of my application?

Thanks
Manoj